Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Karl Joseph

Problem is Joseph hits like an SS while Obi seems like the athletic rangy type. I think Joseph can play both FS and SS decently and I think he's athletic enough for FS for sure. Obi on the other hand is still a question mark because tackling was a concern for him. We'll see. It's hard to tell anyway considering the corners have been decimated with injuries and the interior pass rush is non-existent again this season. We don't get to see anybody in our coverage thrive.

The sad part is that no one can outplay Nelson at that spot yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    just damn sad,we suck at drafting safties

There are probably a couple players who can outplay Nelson. They just aren't on the field. Seems to me like Luani has played much better than Nelson. Obi is also probably better.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    There are probably a couple players who can outplay Nelson. They just aren't on the field. Seems to me like Luani has played much better than Nelson. Obi is also probably better.
    luani and obi are rookies that ou coaches don't trust despite the athletic abilities

If they could outplay Nelson they would have been out there a long time ago and Nelson sitting on the bench.

If they could outplay Nelson they would have been out there a long time ago and Nelson sitting on the bench.
    nelson still gives us the best chance to win,i guess

I don't believe it. I think there is more politics involved since KNJ was let go. If we don't have a player that can beat out Nelson then Reggie is the worst drafter in history. Nelson is way to slow to adjust being a single high safety. Not sure if Joseph is the answer but I think both Obi and Luani would be better.

Isn't Nelson a veteran captain on defense or something?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...r-2017-season/

So it could be political in that you don't want to bench a team captain. Not sure that's why, just spitballing like everyone else.

I don't believe it. I think there is more politics involved since KNJ was let go. If we don't have a player that can beat out Nelson then Reggie is the worst drafter in history. Nelson is way to slow to adjust being a single high safety. Not sure if Joseph is the answer but I think both Obi and Luani would be better.
    Believe it