Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mack to be signed by week 1

Worth every penny. Without Mack our D is a big 'ol ? mark, with him he puts one side of the Dline on mother f'n lock-down and allows others to do their thing. Heart and PJ Hall in the middle and Key on the other side, as well as others. Cornerstone of the D. Salary cap goes up every year, it'll work out somehow, someway. You don't let players like Mack get away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Because we are not a Mack away from a Superbowl.
    Agree. The only reason the Donks gave miller that contract is to win a SB. They gambled and won.
    Raiders are a 6-10 team looking to make the playoffs. Don't need Mack for that. Good coaching, good drafting will do that.
    I'm happy with the defense so far. If Mack comes back for the final year of his contract? Meh... I could care less. The young guys don't need the distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Agree. The only reason the Donks gave miller that contract is to win a SB. They gambled and won.
    Raiders are a 6-10 team looking to make the playoffs. Don't need Mack for that. Good coaching, good drafting will do that.
    I'm happy with the defense so far. If Mack comes back for the final year of his contract? Meh... I could care less. The young guys don't need the distraction.
    They won in February 2016, Miller signed the deal in July 2016. They already had the SuperBowl win when he signed the mega deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    They won in February 2016, Miller signed the deal in July 2016. They already had the SuperBowl win when he signed the mega deal.
    You're right. I meant to say, they were betting on winning another one.

You're right. I meant to say, they were betting on winning another one.
    Which makes sense, Osweiler the heir apparent....possibly Kaepernick....go the way of the Ravens all defense, game manager at QB.

you're right. I meant to say, they were betting on winning another one.
    and since signing him to that deal the donks have sucked cause they had to let other talent leave like malik jackson and a couple of great linebackers,also lost oline guys whom left to bigger deals leaving the donks with one of the worst olines in football

Banned
    It will be Karma for Donald and Mack, major injuries coming, sign Mack and there goes the team, NFL will suck as bad as MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratalibre! View Post
    It will be Karma for Donald and Mack, major injuries coming, sign Mack and there goes the team, NFL will suck as bad as MLB.
    I agree and it could happen.

90 million for 3 hours of work for 16 weeks. That’s reasonable.

Everyone saying that we can’t give Mack all this money....he’s not worth it....the young guys we drafted this year have already shown and will continue to show that we don’t need Mack, we can use picks from trading Mack to hit the lottery and land another 1 or 2 picks just as good as Mack and have them on rookie deals....my questions to all of that are: 1. How is Mack not worth it? 2. What or who IS worth it? You’re answer to that is probably nobody. Well no matter what line of work you’re in, you’re worth whatever your employer is willing to pay you. 3. What happens if we traded Mack and Hurst’s heart problem rears it’s head, or Key’s character issues come into play again or he reverts back to the guy in college whose effort was never consistent? 4. What if the guys we draft with those picks that we get for Mack are all busts?
    Mack is PROVEN! On and off the field! You don’t just let that kind of player get away! So many of y’all talk about loyalty this loyalty that and are so quick to turn on a player based on some b/s you hear from the media. For the people saying we’re a 6-10 team just trying to make the playoffs and not a “Mack” away from winning a Super Bowl.....how in the hell do YOU know that?!? Did ya forget that the year before, we finished 12-4 and before Carr went down, we had a legitimate shot at making it to the Super Bowl and winning it???
    This whole age of the internet has got so many fans thinking they know everything about being a GM and about the salary cap just because you jumped on google for 15 damn minutes and “researched” what a GM does or how a contract can or can’t be structured. For crying out loud....be a fan and watch your freaking team....enjoy your team! You don’t have to jump on a forum or social media and bash the moves your team makes or doesn’t make just because YOU don’t like it. I’m not your typical fan who casually watches the team, wears team memorabilia, and every offseason starts a conversation with another fan with, “Well how do ya think the Raiders are gonna do this year?” I know more about the game of football and about the ins and outs of the business side of the NFL than most people who aren’t a player or hold some kind of position with an NFL franchise in some capacity. There are a lot of fans on here that seem to know their stuff as well,. However, a lot of people on here, just like so many people on social media in general, just talk so much nonsense. Like I already said, just sit back and let things play out and enjoy your team!