Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haason Reddick

Haason Reddick

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
    Sources: #Eagles All-Pro edge rusher Haason Reddick has received permission to seek a trade following another disruptive season featuring double digit sacks.
    The 29-year old with 27 sacks over two seasons in Philly could land elsewhere.

I can only imagine the pressure with Haason Reddick and Maxx Crosby.

Yeah he would be great. But keep in mind he was surrounded with All Pro talent all up and down that line.
    Also not necessarily a dire need for us. Koonce is under contract for 2024 and would love to see what he can do in this system this upcoming year. I would rather spend the money beefing up our interior line where we are very thin right now with 3 of our lineman no longer under contract and are free agents.
    Would absolutely LOVE Chris Jones. Imagine him pushing the middle for Maxx and Koonce to feast... not to mention Tyree Wilson next to Jones where he has a full offseason to really make a big jump up and how much he can learn from Chris Jones... pair that along with a top cover corner on the other side of Jack Jones and an enforcer at safety like a HEALTHY Derwin James who may very well be a cap casualty for the Bolts this offseason with them 57 mil over the cap...
    Anyways I digress.. Reddick is great but he is going to command a huge payday and I think the Raiders can use that money BETTER in the other ways I mentioned above..

Agreed, with Koonce, you take the money to a monster interior Dlineman.

can the raiders afford to get Chris Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    Why not?
    We have around 40 mil WITHOUT post June 1st cuts (which is estimated at another 20-25 mil) and not including restructures (another CONSERVATIVE 10-15 mil).
    Chris Jones wants 30 mil a year. Keep in mind 30 mil a year in KC or other teams where state taxes, the Raiders 30 mil a year is more like 34+ mil a year.
    So yes, the Raiders can definitely afford it. I will promise you this, the Raiders will be very aggressive in FA this year with Telesco being a GM who is not afraid to spend..
    I think the reason AP likes Telesco so much is that Telesco understands APs urgency in making this thing a winner ASAP. And Telesco has shown he will be aggressive in FA.

Sounds good. We still need some left over money for some good Olinemen.

Sounds like Reddick just wants to get out of Philly. I don't think it's a salary issue.

We need someone who can help chase down Mahomes.

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    Adding Jones and the defense goes top 5 next year. Plus it weaken KC. He was my MVP of the Superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Sounds like Reddick just wants to get out of Philly. I don't think it's a salary issue.
    Besides absorbing bis 15 mil a year contract (and he will want more when traded), the Eagles want draft compensation. They gave him ok to seek a trade but with caveat that trade compensation has to be worth it to them. Yes he has outplayed his contract of 15 mil... so if another team is willing to trade something really good for him, then Philly would be foolish not to oblige. Philly holds all the cards. Sorry but Raiders do not sorely need a pass rushing DE. They need a bully in the middle and can get one without trading for him.
    So Reddick to Raiders is not a good bet.