Thread: The Raiders have two roster openings. Who do we sign?

The Raiders have two roster openings. Who do we sign?

With release of Peters and Teamer, we have two spots open.

Do we poach from another teamís practice squad, elevate two of our PS players to the active roster or sign FAs to fill the spots?

Although the Raiders are likely out of post season play, Champ and AP need to make a case to keep their jobs. That means they have to win games.
    They need to get the best players they can. Players who can help win games this season.

i don't even know who's out there, i'll say an offensive line and d-line guy - especially with max being a question mark.

I would say to keep Maxx out for the rest of the season, no sense aggravating his knee more with only a slim chance of making the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    I would say to keep Maxx out for the rest of the season, no sense aggravating his knee more with only a slim chance of making the playoffs.
    Easier said than done. Maxx is a dawg..
    1st, depends how he comes out of the bye week.
    2nd, this team is still technically alive in the playoff race.
    They win out and they have a better than 50% chance to make playoffs. Again, depends on these teams in the playoff hunt, and how they fare this weekend. During this bye week for the Raiders, we really need to see how these teams in contention make out.
    Knowing the Raiders, this team will win 4 out of 5, be right on the cusp of it, but don't make it by a half a game or something like that.. leaving this team going into the draft at a draft spot where we cant get a franchise type player, and at the same time don't make the playoffs. The same damn spot the Raiders have been in the majority of the last 20 years. The times where we had the chance to get a franchise altering player, we wasted our pick on someone either a) INJURED b) Was fast but had no other skills or c) someone with serious character issues that carried over with them into the NFL.
    I do truly believe in Champ Kelly as the right man for the GM job, a guy who will draft well and do well in FA, but will be handcuffed by our draft position. We will be at the spot where we can't get the QB we so sorely need to really trend in the right direction. Not at least without giving up our 1st and 2nd round picks for the next 3 years. It's just so amazing that the one year we had the #1 overall pick, was the year that JaMarcus Russell came out in the draft. Just too many cruel jokes on the Raiders.

Fingers crossed that Kelly builds these trenches the way they need to be built with YOUNG exciting snot nose ball players, mixed in with some wiley vets.. and most of all FINALLY get our true franchise QB that turns this thing all around for us.
    A TALL TALL TASK for any GM... but the task that takes the average GM to HALL OF FAME GM status.

I still think the Raiders go on a 4 game tare and lose in a close game to the Chiefs. Rendering us a half game out of playoff contention and too many draft spots out of a franchise altering player.
    (BTW does anyone think Tyree Wilson has a chance of being anything ever in this league? Or is he a worse Cle Ferrell 2.0?)
    Last edited by ThePantyRaider; 11-28-2023 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    (BTW does anyone think Tyree Wilson has a chance of being anything ever in this league? Or is he a worse Cle Ferrell 2.0?)
    It too early too tell if the guy going to be any good...would love to have been in the draft room when the raiders were up to pick and Carter was still available; If Al was alive he would have pull the fire alarm and lock the door when everyone has left the room and stay behind and drafted Carter....

Just hope it was not Mark Davis call, not to draft Jalen Carter .....

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    Yeah that a good point; just depend how bad his injuries is...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Yeah that a good point; just depend how bad his injuries is...
    He apparently had swelling. The fluid drained from his knee had an infection, so he had to get antibiotics. He felt terrible because of the infection, on top of knee swelling. If the infection is eliminated and he’s able to rest it, he may recover, depending on severity of knee injury. He has said he will have to get something done to it after the season.