Thread: LB Shaquille Leonard

LB Shaquille Leonard

The Cowboys and Eagles are two of several teams looking at signing free agent linebacker Shaquille Leonard.
    The Raiders created two roster spots this week. Should we be looking at Leonard?

The Colts waived Leonard last week. He was a 2nd round (36th overall) pick of the Colts in 2018. He is a four time All-Pro.

Jaylon Smith has been waived....

i wish we could but i'm sure he wants to actually go to one of those teams, we're just not a spot he wants to be at.

I'm sure he is looking to PLAY. If he goes to Cowboys or Eagles he may get a ring but it's basically a participation trophy as he won't start over their current players. Not like he would for the Raiders, where he would get much more "burn". Is he looking to actually play or is he looking for a ring by sitting on the bench most of the game.
    All depends I guess. If he signs a contract for the remainder of this year only then yeah these two teams make sense. If he is looking for longer term stability regarding actual playing time and a bigger payday then a team like the Raiders make more sense.

He's recently had back surgery and then has had 2 setbacks with that same injury. He's "healthy" now but he's lost considerable speed and appears to not be able to be an every down backer anymore. He was becoming a 1st down only player for the Colts. There is no reason to go and get him unless we believe he can give you 3 more years of over 70% of defensive snaps. Not to mention he'd most likely be signed for this year and if he balls out, he ain't coming back.