Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raiders Dumped Over 75% of McDaniels Playbook

Raiders Dumped Over 75% of McDaniels Playbook

https://www.raidersbeat.com/insider-...iels-playbook/

Hondo Carpenter said “The coaching staff had to dump the majority of (McDaniels) play book, over 75 percent of the play book, because the team couldn’t do it.”

Exactly my point about a04 not being able to execute a pro offense at this point. Will he ever? I don't know, but it hasn't looked good so far.

Thats why his playbook is so stupid. If your playbook caters to only a specific type of players and if you can't find them then most of the playbook is no good. That in itself is ridiculous.

McDaniels and Z really screwed themselves. AOC wasn't ready and Jimmy can no longer play at a high level. I'm sure their playbook is GOAT but only guys like Tom can pull it off.

I dont get everyone dumping on AOC4? He is 2-3 and making less errors. He's a rookie. Carr was 3-13 his first season. The kid hasn't had a full training camp as QB1. Fans wont even give a kid half a season. Look at Brice Young 1-10

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    I dont get everyone dumping on AOC4? He is 2-3 and making less errors. He's a rookie. Carr was 3-13 his first season. The kid hasn't had a full training camp as QB1. Fans wont even give a kid half a season. Look at Brice Young 1-10
    Yeah, all the hate toward AO4 is a joke, he had 90.4 QBR in Week 12, tops in league, for that week.

If players can't do it then my question is why. Most NFL systems are written in a language so things can build on each other. So IMO either McDaniels system and language doesn't make sense, or he doesn't know how to teach it! Which based on everything we have read and heard about how he can't lead men, I would bet money he doesn't know how to teach either! There are only so many routes, so many blocking schemes, etc. that you can run.

McDaniels seems to me to be one of those guys that thinks he's smarter than everyone else and then consequently outsmarts himself. This is twice now that he failed as a HC that also runs the offense. He is the common denominator. It's kinda obvious! The dude never talked to the players about what plays they felt good about? If you don't believe in the thoughts and opinions of the players that are in trenches doing the work then you are just an idiot!!!

Every playbook has a set of plays that will make up 60% of the play calls throughout games and there are situational plays where a coach may bring those out depending on matchup. Davante coming here last season said the playbook is like learning Mandarin - it's complicated. So it's a combination of a coach who never adjusted his scheme to his players to help them and it's also players who do not understand the scheme and need it dumbed down to perform. AOC being a rookie makes sense to have it dumbed down to help him out. Bruce Arians was well known for simplifying his offense when it didn't work for Big Ben but then the entire playbook became available when Brady and Arians were in Tampa as an example.
    Last edited by jgrange; 11-28-2023 at 03:30 AM.

Add a 4th rd rookie qb with the complicated offensive scheme, then a first time play caller trying to learn on the fly.
    A pretty bad triple punch to the gut..
    It makes sense. We are all wanting (and expecting) AO4 to become Superman overnight.
    Everyone points to Stroud in Houston, but that offense was built around his strengths.. not the other way around. Hardegree is attempting this, at the same time trying to erase AO4s "learning" of McDouchebags offense he has been practicing all season prior. Hats off to AO4

McDaniels could never figure out that you run plays that fit the abilities of the players, not have players try to fit within YOUR scheme.This is nothing against A04. He is not Tom Brady. No one is. So, the current staff looked at what McDaniels playbook was and threw out 75% because we simply do not have the players to execute those plays.

Is what we’re doing now working better? Absolutely. We played well against Miami and KC under AP and were completely blown out by Buffalo under JMcDumbass.