Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raiders Expected To Release Marcus Peters

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Raiders Expected To Release Marcus Peters

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    I hope they kick Peters to the curb tomorrow.

Funny, I didn't notice he wasn't playing in the second half.

Same with our LB Divine, I hardly notice him out there too.

What screw everything up is the player numbers system now days....but I am starting to get use to it

Early in his career, Peters was a shut down corner, and event though he was average at best in run support, he played well enough and added enough turnovers to stay on the field. Now, he's a liability in run support, and he misses too many tackles after a pass has been completed. He apparently has lost a step, as she plays "off" way too much to be effective in today's NFL. He's not the same player, and his attitude is a distraction. Amik Robertson is so much better at run support, as he isn't afraid to put his body at risk to make a tackle. Peters won't put anything at risk. He's just collecting a paycheck.
    Last edited by raiderman41; 11-27-2023 at 08:41 AM.

has to lead the league in missed tackles for a CB. Also, at least 3 dropped pick 6s and a couple more ints.

Vic Tafur@VicTafur

Breaking: The Raiders have released CB Marcus Peters. He had a interception return for a TD in Week 8, but was benched last night.
    The move saves the team $1.5 million in incentives that Peters was on pace to earn.
    Last edited by Johnkr; 11-27-2023 at 08:44 AM.

AP is a hard nosed coach, he is a players coach, but when you playing touch football....not even that, you will get pink slipped.

Good riddance to Peters

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Vic Tafur@VicTafur

Breaking: The Raiders have released CB Marcus Peters. He had a interception return for a TD in Week 8, but was benched last night.
    The move saves the team $1.5 million in incentives that Peters was on pace to that Peters was on pace to earn.
    Glad he's gone.

As someone else said, Ive seen QBs and kickers tackle harder than Peters.