Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Raiders vs Chiefs

Really just need to draft the best player available
    We coulda had Jalen Carter instead of Wilson

You don't pass on a QB if the staff feels he's "franchise" worthy. They are simply too hard to come by and in this day and age of football, are the cornerstone of even having a chance to win a SB.

I wanted Carter too, but that ship has sailed and no use talking about it. I am kinda surprised at the slow improvement of Tyree Wilson though, maybe its normal after coming off the type of injury he has. But he doesn't seem like a first round draft pick by the skills he already has and he didn't seem to pick up any new ones yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    I wanted Carter too, but that ship has sailed and no use talking about it. I am kinda surprised at the slow improvement of Tyree Wilson though, maybe its normal after coming off the type of injury he has. But he doesn't seem like a first round draft pick by the skills he already has and he didn't seem to pick up any new ones yet.
    Watching Wilson, he seems over matched. He seems to just spin and never penetrate.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Absolutely not. I like AO4 but he isn't the answer for us to be perennial contenders year in and year out. But is a solid backup to have... we NEED a DUAL THREAT QB. I'll say it again, NOT necessarily a VICK or a Lamar Jackson (although that would be great), but at least what we somewhat had in Stidham.. a Herbert type player... someone that presents a threat to run and will run when the opportunity presents itself.
    Someone who can really move in the pocket and not be a statue, pocket passer type like we had in Carr and we now have in AO4... especially with a RB like Jacobs.

As we have all stated we need to really beef up this O-Line... priority #1 besides a real upgrade at QB..
    This will work wonders for Jacobs and this team as a whole.
    It all depends who is available. I’ve played a lot of QB in my life and really enjoyed watching the QBs at the combine last year.

The one who impressed me the most was CJ Stroud. I watched that kid and was amazed at his “stroke.” He had the smoothest, quickest, most consistent delivery of all the QBs coming out. Those attributes equate to power and accuracy on his throws, as well as the ability to get rid of the football in a split second BEFORE the sack.

If we can get a QB in the “Stroud” level, then we need to get him. If we can’t, we need to build our OL and DL, if we’re going with O’Connell or someone else until we get our QB.

This team can win with O’Connell under the right circumstances. What we are seeing in him now is just the tip of the iceberg. He got few reps in the preseason and training cam, fewer reps at the start of the season, then was thrown onto the field with what was basically an abbreviated playbook because what McDumbass put together didn’t work with our personnel. O’Connell’s last game against KC showed a QB who can go toe to toe with MaHomes, but he is just not as effective as MaHomes in the red zone.

I want to see progress from the rookie, so that by the end of the season we are seeing at least one or two TD passes each game, with few if any INTs. He needs to get better in the red zone, turning drives into TDs instead of FGs. I also want to see him run more and move better in the pocket to buy that extra half second. If we see all that, then he has a chance to be very good. If we don’t, then he’s not “the guy.”
    Last edited by raiderman41; 11-29-2023 at 03:51 AM.

How come some QBs don't want to run? I get that some are slow or old, but what about the young QBs? With all the rules in protecting the QB even if he runs no one is supposed to really hit him if he slides.