Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Irvin Says The Raiders Locker Room Wants People To Know We Got Are Coach

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Michael Irvin Says The Raiders Locker Room Wants People To Know We Got Are Coach

Yeah but when you got the Michigan coach making
    noise that he want to coach the raiders…it really
    hard to ignore…..

The new HC of the raiders is doing a good job with
    what he got….we really don’t have a QB on team….
    O ‘Connell is learning but he was 4th round pick, and
    he will improve.

That’s why we’re playing him

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Yeah but when you got the Michigan coach making
    noise that he want to coach the raiders…it really
    hard to ignore…..

The new HC of the raiders is doing a good job with
    what he got….we really don’t have a QB on team….
    O ‘Connell is learning but he was 4th round pick, and
    he will improve.
    We need to see if he has “it.”

We know he can throw the ball and is incredibly accurate.

We also know he’s an extremely hard worker.

We know other players like him and believe he can be the answer.

We also know he will get better.

We may have our starter, or we may have a quality back up.

Four starts so far, two could have been better and two have been pretty good. The first one the offense was not game planned to give him a chance for success.

He’s not gotten a lot of reps as a rookie. Third on the depth chart means he’s gotten the scrap reps in training camp, preseason and in 7 games this season.
    Last edited by raiderman41; 11-22-2023 at 09:40 AM.

Coach has made a few questional moves. I hope he gets better.

If Davis bypasses a chance to get Harbaugh, goes with Pierce and it turns into a 6-11 season or worse, he will get ROOOOOOASTED not only by the press but by Raiders fans. Yeah, it is a feel-good story we all want to be true, the interim coach turns out to be "the guy" and everybody's happy. But love him or hate him, Harbaugh has PROVEN he can win in the NFL and is more of a proven product than Pierce. I'm glad I'm not the one having to make the decision at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post

We know other players lik him and believe he can be the answer.

Four starts so far, two could have been better and two have been pretty good. The first one the offense was not game planned to give him a chance for success.

He’s not gotten a lot of reps as a rookie. Third on the depth chart means he’s gotten the scrap reps in training camp, preseason and in 7 games this season.

O Connells deep balls have not been accurate.
    Also his intermediate passing has been a bit off as well. Look at last game vs Dolphins. Yes he is a rookie and needs more time to grow / adapt.
    We shall see. I hope he can flip the switch.. we shall see.

Just saw article listing the Raiders as #2 on teams possible to trade for Justin Fields. Thoughts on Fields?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    O Connells deep balls have not been accurate.
    Also his intermediate passing has been a bit off as well. Look at last game vs Dolphins. Yes he is a rookie and needs more time to grow / adapt.
    We shall see. I hope he can flip the switch.. we shall see.

Just saw article listing the Raiders as #2 on teams possible to trade for Justin Fields. Thoughts on Fields?
    Chicago probably would want our #1 pick, but with that said his legs would win us a few extra games alone. So many times our recent QB's just can run enough to keep the defenses honest and for the QBs to get some easy first downs.

I'm see mocks having us grabbing the QB out of Georgia in the 13-15 range. But its way too early for that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post

We know other players lik him and believe he can be the answer.

Yeah we gotta give him time; but he was a fourth
    round pick….meaning he got pass by a lot
    teams…..it just crazy to be relying on
    O ‘ Connell as the future Raiders QB….
    We are just not that lucky with drafting
    QB,s

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Chicago probably would want our #1 pick, but with that said his legs would win us a few extra games alone. So many times our recent QB's just can run enough to keep the defenses honest and for the QBs to get some easy first downs.

I'm see mocks having us grabbing the QB out of Georgia in the 13-15 range. But its way too early for that nonsense.
    I wouldnt trade our #1 pick for him. I think thats too high due to losing three years of his rookie contract. now hes more banged up and still in the developmental stage as a passer. His mobility makes his ceiling high but that will gradually decline each year so you cant bank on that long term. I do like his mobility though. Id be interested but not for our 1st which will likely be the 12th -16th pick.

caleb and drake will be gone pick 1 and 2 somebody is gonna mortgage it all for drake may or caleb