Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Garoppolo not participating in OTA practices

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Think we really need to see what we got as a team this season; the QB is a vet so we can wait till the season start, when we really need him to play...

As for tanking the season; Mark Davis would lose a lot of money from home game; attendance would be very low...
    atttendance would be still sold out regardless of jimmy

Who wouldn't want to see Brian Hoyer leading the team? Is this worth it Carr haters? I think 2019 was the last time Garoppolo played a full season.

Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Who wouldn't want to see Brian Hoyer leading the team? Is this worth it Carr haters? I think 2019 was the last time Garoppolo played a full season.
    Carr wasnt the answer to anything and it was past time we moved on. Once McDaniels realized he couldnt win with Grudens guys he went and got guys he was familiar with. McDaniels replacements are unexciting stop gaps, but they know his system and thats why theyre here. Ill be honest I hate the McDaniels hire. I dont think hes good HC material but ill give him credit for realizing he wasnt going to win with Carr and moving on. I dont expect much this year but Carr wouldve crumbled like he always has if he was the QB especially playing under McDaniels. McDaniels will get to year 3 regardless as this is a transition year. Next year will be his year to prove he can win and Id expect a new QB or he will be gone.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i dont see it that way, we covered our asses witht he hoyer signing both jimmy and brian know the system inside out
    I don’t care if Hoyer knows the system, he sucks, don’t want him starting week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPaul68 View Post
    I don’t care if Hoyer knows the system, he sucks, don’t want him starting week 1.
    He’s not a lot worse than Garropolo

LOL at all the people saying.. but we have Hoyer... My prediction of a 3 or 4 win season is looking a little too optimistic at this point. BUT Carr SUCKED! We will see where the Saints are at the end of the season and where the Raiders are to see the truth and to hear the Carr haters excuses flowing like the salmons of Capastrono

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    I'm perfectly OK with the Raiders sucking this year and going 1-16 or 2-15. Whatever needs to be done to get Caleb Williams next year.
    This team doesn't seem to be anywhere close to being a team ready to contend for a Superbowl. Who cares if this team has a better record than it did last year.
    This team truly needs to reach rock bottom in order to rise to the top, and that bottom is 2-15 or 1-16, with the Raiders getting the #1 overall draft pick to guarantee ourselves Caleb Williams. This kid is the savior the Raiders have needed for over 20+ years now.
    He will singlehandedly bring the Raiders back to Superbowl contenders year in and year out... he will instantly become one of the best 3 QBs in the league, and can see him being the #1 best quarterback in the league in only year 2.
    The kid can do it all... pair that with another offseason to nab top Free Agents on the defensive side of the ball, along with picking 1st in each round of the draft....

However with all of this being said I can easily see the Raiders having Williams all but locked up going into the last two games of the season and the Raiders winning both games to knock us out of the 1st overall pick.. why? Because The Raiders.
    What's the plan if The Raiders take your advice and then Caleb Williams blows out an ACL or damages his shoulder in December?

i dont see it that way, we covered our asses witht he hoyer signing both jimmy and brian know the system inside out
    They can know the system all they want. It doesn’t mean that EITHER one can play. SF found out that he isn’t a good qb. He had a LOADED team around him. Nothing to show for it. He ain’t getting the supporting cast here in Vegas, and it’s going to expose him more.

its fine jimmy knows the system already and our backup hoyer has been in the mcd system for the last few yrs already in new england jimmy will be ready when it counts for the yr
    He knows the system, but he needs to get familure with the receivers before the season.

If Garoppolo injuries get to the point of missing games, I wonder if Mark Davis could talk his new partner into suiting up? LOL.