Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jimmy Garoppolo not participating in OTA practices

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    He’s not a lot worse than Garropolo
    I think he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Raider View Post
    Caleb Williams isn't worth hoping we go 1-16.
    I disagree. Of course I would love for this team to be competitive, push for the playoffs and even hopefully surprise some people the playoffs as a Cinderella team but looking at this team on paper, it isn't looking good at all, especially when you look on the defensive side of the ball with gaping holes at LBer, DT and DB. After those holes, then look at the serious lack of depth throughout the defense (except DE). My point in making the TANKING statement is I'd rather go 1-16 than 7-10 / 8-9 as that doesn't help us at all for next year. 1-16 most likely lands us Caleb Williams, who IMO is the guy we need to take this team to the Superbowl.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    If Garoppolo injuries get to the point of missing games, I wonder if Mark Davis could talk his new partner into suiting up? LOL.
    Here comes Brady, out of the owner box, to start for the Raiders, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RickRyb View Post
    What's the plan if The Raiders take your advice and then Caleb Williams blows out an ACL or damages his shoulder in December?
    There's always a chance for that... but drafting #1 or #2 each round would really help build this team quicker and better than the draft picks we would get at 7-10.

My plan would probably be either take the next best QB in the draft or do what the Bears did and get a bundle of picks and players for the top draft pick. Either way, we are building the team quicker and better than the draft picks we would have at 7-10...

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPaul68 View Post
    I think he is.
    I think you’ll see soon enough that he isn’t.

This team is too talented to be picking in the top 5 IMO. I don't think Davis gives McDaniels a 3rd year if we get a top 5 pick assuming health isn't a factor. I know Davis is preaching patience but I can't see it. If we do pick in the top 5 (again, assuming we are decently healthy) then McDaniels has failed as an HC anyways and he should be fired. Caleb Williams will be a decent pro but I don't think he's a franchise QB

Quote Originally Posted by JD707 View Post
    LOL at all the people saying.. but we have Hoyer... My prediction of a 3 or 4 win season is looking a little too optimistic at this point. BUT Carr SUCKED! We will see where the Saints are at the end of the season and where the Raiders are to see the truth and to hear the Carr haters excuses flowing like the salmons of Capastrono

I would expect Carr to have a decent year and the Saints to have a better record. He's highly motivated and playing in one of the weakest divisions in football. Good for him. I'd rather take a chance of being great than guaranteed average.

derek carr is mr avg but the league loves the guy for his image, goes to the saints in teh shittiest division in football and the league even allowed jon gruden to go and help design the offense for the saints "you know the guy they leaked on and then branded him a racist" i bet the n.f.l is gonna settle the suit for a lot of money and then allow gruden to come back as a head coach at some point