Thread: Hayes, Haynes voted best CB duo ever by a wide margin

Hayes should be in the hall of fame for YEARS now. Outstanding corner. Haynes was a technician. Damn, I miss those guys and the real Raiders….

Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    Hayes should be in the hall of fame for YEARS now. Outstanding corner. Haynes was a technician. Damn, I miss those guys and the real Raiders….
    Agree 100%. The way that duo shut down the Redskins’ epic receiving corps was probably the best defensive performance by any position group in NFL history in any Super Bowl, if you think about it. The Redskins’ offense and receivers set all kind of records but were basically shut out by Hayes and Haynes.

Hayes also had one of the best seasons of any CB in any season — and he wasn’t a one-season wonder — but he’s not in the HOF and he was one of two in the best tandem ever?

SMH.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Will never see that again, the Real Oakland Raiders !!!

the only reason for lester the molester not being in the hof is stickem...which he never really needed anyway cause he was so damn good

Behind Haynes/Hayes, McDaniels/Washington was a damn good duo.

It’s a CRIME that Hayes isn’t in the HOF. Freddy B is in and he was COATED in stick em. He was paid to catch the ball. Hayes was paid to not let ‘em catch it

Hanes/Hayes the best tandem hands down in the history of the game

It’s a CRIME that Hayes isn’t in the HOF. Freddy B is in and he was COATED in stick em. He was paid to catch the ball. Hayes was paid to not let ‘em catch it
    Did not think he was in the Hall of Fame; but the writer said he was.....

Yeah it crime he not in the HOF; but main problem now is that younger people; don't know who he was; I know one season where he had 18 interception counting the playoff at the beginning of his career; and then QB's stop throwing his way...

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    the only reason for lester the molester not being in the hof is stickem...which he never really needed anyway cause he was so damn good
    Also he had a disabilty; stuttering when he speak; cannot remember if he got better at it; later on in life...