Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Davante Adams “Race Against Time” Big Article

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Davante Adams “Race Against Time” Big Article

Davante Adams Says He Doesn't 'See Eye-to-Eye' with Raiders on Vision for Offense
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...on-for-offense

"[The front office] think this is the best bet for us right now to put us in a position to be urgent," Adams said. "We don't see eye-to-eye on what we think is best for us right now."

We all are in a wait and see mode including DA it seems. This season will be momentous for better or worse for the new regime. If McD loses the team by mid season, the franchise is once again in a world of shit. On the other hand if by the end of the season the Raiders are gaining chemistry and an identity and finish strong, maybe its the beginning of great things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by xramfan View Post
    We all are in a wait and see mode including DA it seems. This season will be momentous for better or worse for the new regime. If McD loses the team by mid season, the franchise is once again in a world of shit. On the other hand if by the end of the season the Raiders are gaining chemistry and an identity and finish strong, maybe its the beginning of great things to come.
    I agree. McDaniels has time, but he needs to show progress this year. If not, players will abandon the sinking ship.

If Adams puts up sick numbers with Jimmy G and the team shows some signs of improvement, he's not going anywhere.

McDaniel is going to be back next year regardless. I’m really starting to question his ability. That’s probably the wrong word. I’m not sure that he’s improved his people skills. He seems like he’s a total control freak and has a huge problem with anyone who doesn’t agree. I think Adams will hang in there too
    Last edited by Vioraider; 05-17-2023 at 04:01 AM.

He's used to winning that's why. If we don't win, he isn't going to trust the process. I think he's here next year but if we aren't at the least realistically competing for the playoffs in December, then I think we trade him in the offseason

Quote Originally Posted by xramfan View Post
    That already happened last year. There are just a lot of people in Denial. McDaniels has learned nothing and refuses to adapt. He is an awful HC... again. He loses his players and hasnt learned valuable people skills needed. I dont trust him to lead a sewing circle let alone new rookies and the development of this team. Luckily I believe the ice he skates on is far thinner than Davis openly admits. He will be gone half way through this season. I dont even think he makes it to the bye week.

Quote Originally Posted by JD707 View Post
    That already happened last year. There are just a lot of people in Denial. McDaniels has learned nothing and refuses to adapt. He is an awful HC... again. He loses his players and hasnt learned valuable people skills needed. I dont trust him to lead a sewing circle let alone new rookies and the development of this team. Luckily I believe the ice he skates on is far thinner than Davis openly admits. He will be gone half way through this season. I dont even think he makes it to the bye week.
    He definitely is not adapting and he appears to have alienated people that were here before he got here. Not to mention he's just giving ex-Patriots jobs all over the place. Unless we are God awful he will get a 3rd year. I think if anything, Graham will be the scapegoat.

If we end up drafting in the top five spot….
    Meaning we got a pretty bad record then
    I could see Davis releasing McDaniels at the
    end of the season….Davis won’t do what his
    Dad did and fire head coaches on any given Sunday…
    Mark will give McDaniels a whole season to build
    on the team; I think McDaniels will have a better
    season than last season as he got rid of some
    deadwood meaning Carr; think new QB might
    be a breathe of fresh air for this team….