Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's be brutally honest

Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    Jesus man…. What a beautiful thing that could be! I’m unsure about O Connell, I know he’s accurate and mentally tough. Had plenty of adversity that he fought through so maybe it’s dumb to bet against a guy like that
    All it takes is one draft. One.

1 Henry Lawrence T Florida A&M
    2 Dave Casper TE Notre Dame
    3 Mark van Eeghen RB Colgate
    4 Morris Bradshaw WR Ohio State

1 Mike Siani WR Villanova
    2a. Kelvin Korver DT NW Iowa
    2b. John Vella T USC
    3 Mel Lunsford DE Central St.
    4a. Cliff Branch WR Colorado
    4b. Dave Dalby C UCLA
    6 Dan Medlin DT North Carolina St.
    7a. Alonzo Thomas DB USC

Give us one GREAT draft.

yep one good draft gets us back to the playoffs,two good drafts makes us contenders been saying that forever reggie had one good draft and squandered it away after that, gruden/mayock squandered 3 drafts and a massive amount of draft capital (1st/2nd rd picks) last yr we had no 1st or 2nds due to adams trade,parham looks good though and munford could turn into something,zamir white was wasted due to jj eating almost all of the work, i like 2023 draft we may have 4 or 5 good ones and love the guard in udfa too

Need the QB. The QB isn't currently on the roster and unless this regime is a mistake, the future won't be on it next year either.

I do not think Reggie McKenzie drafting was not that bad compared to Jon Gruden drafting....

Even Amari Cooper is still playing some good football and made 4 pro-bowls....was a Reggie pick

4b. Dave Dalby C UCLA

Wow, just wow didn't know they were 4th rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    4b. Dave Dalby C UCLA

Wow, just wow didn't know they were 4th rounders.
    How about 1977?

Round Player Pos. College
    2a. Mike Davis DB Colorado
    2b. Ted McKnight RB Minnesota-Duluth
    4 Mickey Marvin G Tennessee
    5a. Lester Hayes DB Texas A&M
    5b. Jeff Barnes LB California
    7 Rich Martini WR Cal-Davis
    8 Terry Robiskie RB LSU
    12a. Rod Martin LB USC
    12b. Rolf Benirschke K Cal-Davis

We did pretty well in the 11th and 12th rounds in 1979. Willie was a great pass rusher. Bruce a great tackle, and Reggie, he was an Aaron Donald type of run defender before Donald was born.

Round Player Pos. College
    2 Willie Jones DE Florida State
    6a. Ira Matthews KR Wisconsin
    6b. Henry Williams DB San Diego State
    7 Jack Matia T Drake
    8 Robert Hawkins RB Kentucky
    9 Jim Rourke T Boston College
    10 Ricky Smith DB Tulane
    11 Bruce Davis T UCLA
    12a. Dirk Abernathy DB Bowling Green
    12b. Reggie Kinlaw DT Oklahoma

Rod Martin and Reggie Kinlaw in the 12th, amazing drafts.

I’m really concerned about Wilson’s foot. The descriptions I’ve read about his injury have seemed a bit vague. He supposedly hurt it pushing off on the snap. Missed like the last 5 games. I read there’s hardware in there still that needs to come out? Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t like it currently

Looks like he had surgery, and has had hardware removed

Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    I’m really concerned about Wilson’s foot. The descriptions I’ve read about his injury have seemed a bit vague. He supposedly hurt it pushing off on the snap. Missed like the last 5 games. I read there’s hardware in there still that needs to come out? Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t like it currently
    Doesn’t seem like a huge deal at this point.

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-edge-ru...-t-participate

Wilson suffered a season-ending foot injury on Nov. 12 in a game against Kansas and underwent surgery to fix it on Nov. 21. His recent procedure occurred on March 21, per the letter from Anderson, who informed NFL teams that he's advised Wilson not to sweat for 15-20 days while his incision heals. Anderson's letter indicated that Wilson has "responded extremely well and has done a great job with the rehab program."
    Rapoport reported Wilson plans to hold a workout for teams in mid-April, which could help solidify the highly touted pass rusher's draft stock.
    Wilson was unable to perform any of the on-field drills or the other workouts earlier this month at the NFL Scouting Combine, except for the bench press, where he put up 23 reps. The 6-foot-6, 271-pound Wilson measured in with nearly 36-inch arms and impressed in team interviews at the combine, according to NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah.
    After transferring from Texas A&M, Wilson spent his final three college seasons at Texas Tech. He led the Red Raiders in sacks and tackles for loss in each of the past two seasons, despite missing the final three games in 2022. Wilson was named a second-team Associated Press All-American and first-team all-conference selection last season.

https://clutchpoints.com/raiders-new...jury-nfl-draft

Wilson suffered a foot injury during his time at Texas Tech. The injury was a major red flag for some teams in the NFL Draft. However, the Raiders believe in Wilson’s health. In turn, Wilson is ready to prove Las Vegas right for believing in him, via Anthony Galaviz of The Fresno Bee.

“I feel great,” Wilson said.