Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2023 Raiders Schedule Predictions

I have been very optimistic for this team every year since we made the playoffs in that magical 2016/2017 season where Varr broke his leg, however this is the first year I am not very optimistic going into the season. Maybe it's from years of being disappointed / let down or maybe it's due to last year's shit show of a season with McDaniels at the helm. I hope he/they prove me wrong here in year 2, but again, not very optimistic whatsoever. I'd actually say I'm pessimistic going into this season since our LB core is horrendous on paper , I think Graham is a terrible DC and our schedule isn't very hopeful looking..
    Maybe this is a good thing, so I won't be let down this year as I have so many fuckin seasons watching the Raiders play.
    Were these double digit leads that we lost last year a fluke, were they a cold calculated plan by McDaniels to force Carr out of Vegas so that McDaniels can surround himself with his YES guys? Or is McDaniels that much of hard headed prick that he is unwilling to adapt to players strengths and would rather lose his way, than win the team way?
    This all remains to be seen here in 2023. I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised by McDaniels, Ziegler, the Mad Scientist Graham (who I think is just completely mad, and not genius at all) and the rest of this motley crew of coaches / leaders we currently have running (or ruining?) this franchise?

This schedule starts off difficult away games. The Raiders will lose 6 of the first 7 games and McDaniels will be fired. The Raiders will finish with a 4 win season. I doubt Jimmy G makes it past game 3 before he is "injured". The team is NOT better than they were last season primarily because the coaching but also because of the QB downgrade. I hope I am wrong but I have seen absolutely nothing from McDaniels showing he is capable of being a HC, Jimmy G has been mediocre at best when he isnt injured on far better teams than the Raiders. This team is about to have a very very bad year.

2023 Prediction: 4 - 13

L - Week 1: at Denver Broncos

LLLLLL - Week 2: at Buffalo Bills

L - Week 3: vs Pittsburgh Steelers (Sunday Night Football)

W - Week 4: at Los Angeles Chargers

L - Week 5: vs Green Bay Packers (Monday Night Football)

L - Week 6: vs New England Patriots

L - Week 7: at Chicago Bears

W - Week 8: at Detroit Lions (Monday Night Football)

L - Week 9: vs New York Giants

L - Week 10: vs New York Jets (Sunday Night Football)

L - Week 11: at Miami Dolphins

L - Week 12: vs Kansas City Chiefs

Week 13: Bye Week

W - Week 14: vs Minnesota Vikings

L - Week 15: vs Los Angeles Chargers (Thursday Night Football)

L - Week 16: at Kansas City Chiefs

W - Week 17: at Indianapolis Colts

L - Week 18: vs Denver Broncos
    Last edited by JD707; 05-16-2023 at 09:31 AM.

I'm hoping for at least a 8-9 or 9-8 season to build on for the future. The AFC is a power house of very good teams and our division might be the best of the AFC. We only have probably one cold weather game, the slaughter the Raiders KC Christmas special. I find playing Denver to open and close the season strange. Maybe with low expectations we might surprise some teams. I do think Jimmy is going to be a breath of fresh air QB wise.

I’m hoping we tank and fall apart so we have a shot at Williams and Maye

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    I'm hoping for at least a 8-9 or 9-8 season to build on for the future. The AFC is a power house of very good teams and our division might be the best of the AFC. We only have probably one cold weather game, the slaughter the Raiders KC Christmas special. I find playing Denver to open and close the season strange. Maybe with low expectations we might surprise some teams. I do think Jimmy is going to be a breath of fresh air QB wise.
    im at 8-9 or 9-8 as well,our offense will be so much better,our oline should improve more as will our offense adding a true wr2 *meyers) and having the slot down (hunter or rookie) and drafting mayer will help out big time on offense and we still have josh jacobs, i think our defense will progress too we probably improve from low 20's to low teens as our pass rush improves by a mile,secondary still needs work

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    I’m hoping we tank and fall apart so we have a shot at Williams and Maye
    Wow; you just ruined my 2023 season hope; was hoping we might win a few games and try and improve on last year record...

Josh McDaniels team meeting at the first game this season; 'Listen here players; I need you to lose today; I know it Denver and we really hate the Broncos, but we need to draft Williams so by doing this we really need to lose today, an 0-17 record will pretty much get us the number one pick'

We have 6 games where opponents will be coming off of short weeks. Hopefully, we have a team that can keep things close and pull these though. I'm thinking 9 wins right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Wow; you just ruined my 2023 season hope; was hoping we might win a few games and try and improve on last year record...

Josh McDaniels team meeting at the first game this season; 'Listen here players; I need you to lose today; I know it Denver and we really hate the Broncos, but we need to draft Williams so by doing this we really need to lose today, an 0-17 record will pretty much get us the number one pick'
    This is the same way others thought last season when we had really nothing to win for, but a lot of fans wanted to feel good about winning some meaningless games and we ended up falling in the draft order. We should have lost the remaining games back then and we would have had Stroud or some other top QB. Who knows we might suck again where we can get Maye.