2023 Raiders Schedule Predictions

Guy saying we are going 10-7 in 2023…
    We do play in a very tough division where
    we could end 0-6 in the division; Denver has
    hired a really good coach who can turn the
    team around really fast; Chargers can only
    get better and the Chiefs at this moment
    pretty much own us…..

I've got them at 8-9. That Lions to the first Chiefs game is what will sink us. We go 1-4/0-5 there. Our defense still won't be even average. Our offense will be good but I expect Jimmy to miss at least 4 games.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    After I get a four to five game sample, I be able to evaluate this team, then I give my prediction.

Going off of how this team has conditioned me to think, I'd say 7-10.

Each year I enter with hope for better only to watch the team self-destruct on the field and off the field.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBeliever View Post

Each year I enter with hope for better only to watch the team self-destruct on the field and off the field.
    Isn’t that the truth, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBeliever View Post

Yea. I just don't think we got that much better. We made essentially lateral moves at best and got players who fit the "system" aka McDaniels buddies and/or guys who *should* do better here than what we had last year. Offensively they will be good but Jimmy G most likely plays 14 or less games. We will have a backup start and play considerable time at some point. Defensively, they will be better but we aren't going to magically become a top 12 unit. I think this team won't be slept on by anyone but I also don't think we are going to be good enough to truly compete for the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    Yea. I just don't think we got that much better. We made essentially lateral moves at best and got players who fit the "system" aka McDaniels buddies and/or guys who *should* do better here than what we had last year. Offensively they will be good but Jimmy G most likely plays 14 or less games. We will have a backup start and play considerable time at some point. Defensively, they will be better but we aren't going to magically become a top 12 unit. I think this team won't be slept on by anyone but I also don't think we are going to be good enough to truly compete for the playoffs
    I agree. I say 7-10 which is an improvement but yeah, not ready to compete. D a little better. O a little worse, maybe more consistent without the extreme highs and lows but not great high scoring potential. Doubt Jacobs will repeat 2022 and a mix of Jimmy G, O Connell, etc isnt going to be exciting. Sort of a transition year with more of McDaniels guys but not the ones hes ultimately going to win with. Hopefully this draft pans out well for us and it could then next year with another good draft, FA we could be ready to compete.

im going with 9 wins offense will run much better, jimmy g is a much better rz qb then derek carr ever was, defense will improve to 20

Quote Originally Posted by 76Raider View Post
    I agree. I say 7-10 which is an improvement but yeah, not ready to compete. D a little better. O a little worse, maybe more consistent without the extreme highs and lows but not great high scoring potential. Doubt Jacobs will repeat 2022 and a mix of Jimmy G, O Connell, etc isnt going to be exciting. Sort of a transition year with more of McDaniels guys but not the ones hes ultimately going to win with. Hopefully this draft pans out well for us and it could then next year with another good draft, FA we could be ready to compete.
    I do admit that if we aren't atrocious this year and mostly every game is close and then we have a good 2024 draft...I think we could explode and become very good.