Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tom Brady To Buy A Piece Of The Raiders !!!

Brady may never again play in the NFL, but he will absolutely not play against a team he has ownership in.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Brady may never again play in the NFL, but he will absolutely not play against a team he has ownership in.
    I am trying to truly understand the benefits here for both the Raiders and for Brady. He is a very slight Minority owner. Rumors are he bought in for anywhere between 30 and 60 million. In the grand scheme of things, he may POSSIBLY yield a 2% ownership stake.
    From Bradys end, yes it gets his feet wet in the ownership "game". He clearly sees the upside and growth potential of the Raiders in Las Vegas, so "possibly" a good investment on his end? Supposedly Brady will not have a "voting" interest per se.

From the Raiders end of the transaction, I think they are hoping it attracts more quality free agents to the Raiders, by name recognition alone. This is NOT so much a money grab by Mark Davis, as again, 30-60 million dollars doesn't do much of anything for Mark or for the Raiders. Maybe offset 1 year of Jimmy Gs contract? Think about it. What is $30-$60 million dollars when the franchise is worth approximately 5-6 billion dollars?

I hope that if the owners vote to approve Bradys ownership stake in the Raiders, ( which is not guaranteed to be approved, btw.) that it does in fact lead to more and more top end free agents deciding to sign with the Raiders.
    II however can foresee the owners voting against this, with Brady supposedly joining Fox as a lead analyst. Can easily be interpreted as a conflict of interest, especially when calling games the Raiders are playing.

So with all of this being said, what does everyone else think the benefit is for the Raiders and what the benefit is for Brady, that I may be missing here?
    Last edited by ThePantyRaider; 05-24-2023 at 04:25 AM.

i heard brady is moving away from broadcasting and looking more to be a business man, which makes a lot of sense to me cause tom brady is too dry to be in front of a camera as a career,as for the other owners they will embrace this move, they want goat to stay active in the game as a promoter/owner and this signals the raiders are gonna get back as a winning franchise soon, similar to when magic bought into the dodgers and lakers as a very small minority owner, they get put in as the face of the franchise and it helps to attract talent to the team also

If Mark and his mother own 47% of the Raiders; why can't Mark buy more ownership of the Raiders....supposely Mark Davis is rich; or is that just on paper on what the Raiders are worth if he sells

I don't think he has enough cash/equity to buy chunks of ownership like that. He is rich as he's making million dollar real estate moves but not that rich.

Only my RAIDERS could put Brady in a losing situation.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBeliever View Post
    Only my RAIDERS could put Brady in a losing situation.
    Bwahahaha... good way to think about it.

Let me ask, does anyone here really think that Tom Brady buying into the Raiders at a 2% or so stake, will actually give the Raiders a better chance at signing top free agents? In addition, is Brady going to be anything other than a minority owner on paper?

Ironic that the best thing to happen to the Raiders in the last 20 years is Tom Brady.... since the thing that triggered this downhill slope was Tom Brady and the tuck rule. Hopefully baby huey uses this new resource to make attempts to be an actual NFL team, instead of the sideshow the team has become.

Tom Brady could help like Magic helps the Lakers. He could go and hang out with players for dinner or something and network. I mean it's not a lot but it's worth a shot.