Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Raiders will be at Richardson's pro day

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    Or he busts and you set us back even further, this regime gets fired, and it's a complete teardown and this team doesn't compete until Mahomes is 32. He could hit and we have our guy and then we have to hope we have the coaching staff and front office to guide him along as well. Thats part of my problem too....I don't trust the staff or the front office that much with a project like him right now. Theyve done nothing to show they deserve trust.

He has a high upside but he also has the lowest floor and highest possibility of being a massive bust of the top 4 QBs. There's a reason why he appears to be dropping and there are mocks that have him falling out of the top 10.
    his floor is cam newton and lamar jackson, so he has very high and safe floor

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    He overthrew 3 of his first 4 passes against air in Indy. Showed off a strong arm. Couldn't hit receivers in stride on out routes again...on air. His mechanics aren't good. Some of them, like his footwork and toe pointing, could be simple fixes. Other, like his wind up, are not as easy to break a QB of. People are enamored with his athleticism and for good reason but his ability to throw the ball is extremely concerning
    his mechanics can be changed, his footwork can absolutely be fixed, richardsons skills are off the hook good, his running speed of under 4.5 at his size is off the charts he's the same size as cam newton but much faster and he is a hard worker and smart kid ...this kid is worth the risk

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    Do you risk a #7 pick on him though? Maybe 2nd round, him or Hooker. I would like to get a dominant D-lineman first, if available. If not, then the next best defensive player available.
    I saw a video by an “expert.” He made a few good points.

How many NFL teams compete regularly for division and conference championships, as well as Super Bowls today, without a franchise QB? If you don’t have the best QB in your division or close to it, will you ever compete in your division? Very few — if any compete for anything unless you have the best QB in your division.

What is Richardson’s upside? Nearly limitless.

How will the Raiders ever compete with KC unless they have a QB who can go toe to toe with Mahomes? They won’t.

With Garrapolo under center, the Raiders have the time to mold Richardson. They can bring him along slowly. They can use him on a few plays here and there, without expecting him to lead the team. Garrapolo has proven to be a great mentor of young QBs.

McDaniels is a good QB coach, as evidenced by his coaching rookie Mac Jones into a Pro Bowl. Mac Jones.

I’m not saying that Richardson will or should be our selection. He may not want to learn and may not be able to learn complex offenses. He may not have an elite work ethic. Without both, he should never be our selection.
    Last edited by raiderman41; 03-30-2023 at 06:57 AM.

People are saying Hooker ran a gimmicky offense at Tennessee. I didn't watch enough of their games to know if they did or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    richardson upside is that great, big kid whom runs like a small guy fast and is improving as a passer his upside unlimited
    From Twitter addressing his relative athletic score:

Anthony Richardson is a QB prospect in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 10.00 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 1 out of 890 QBs from 1987 to 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    People are saying Hooker ran a gimmicky offense at Tennessee. I didn't watch enough of their games to know if they did or not.
    gonna be 26 yrs old this yr, coming off fo an acl injury which takes a yr to recover and more time to get back to being confident in the knee and ran a gimmicky offense that didn't require him to read defenses ...no thanks

McDaniels is not going. I don’t believe they’re as high on him as lots of people hope.

Quote Originally Posted by vioraider View Post
    mcdaniels is not going. I don’t believe they’re as high on him as lots of people hope.
    maybe he told zig i want him, go chk him out and see why i want him

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    Do you risk a #7 pick on him though? Maybe 2nd round, him or Hooker. I would like to get a dominant D-lineman first, if available. If not, then the next best defensive player available.
    Talent doesn't always turn in to good play. A strong arm can hit, or overthrow a deep receiver. Decision making is more important than physical skills.
    Anderson is a developmental player who may be great. He can also be a bust. If the Raiders want to put their future in his arm, they might as well tank this
    season and get the defense and line help they need in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by johnkr View Post
    talent doesn't always turn in to good play. A strong arm can hit, or overthrow a deep receiver. Decision making is more important than physical skills.
    Anderson is a developmental player who may be great. He can also be a bust. If the raiders want to put their future in his arm, they might as well tank this
    season and get the defense and line help they need in 2024.
    i go for elite talent and upside