Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raiders three major concerns before the draft

Raiders three major concerns before the draft

i would add cb to this as well and christian gonzalez fits the bill as a future all pro type shut down cb

Carter makes our corners better, he makes our defensive end better. Considered the best player in the draft at times and to get him at #7 is a huge win at a huge need.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Carter makes our corners better, he makes our defensive end better. Considered the best player in the draft at times and to get him at #7 is a huge win at a huge need.
    Yeah but what happens if one of the
    top four QB is available….we might never
    get another chance at franchise QB available
    again…

I was watching some Lester Hayes videos yesterday. Damn he was GREAT. Made me really yearn for a shutdown corner. Those videos reminded me of why I fell in love with this franchise in the first place. Went from expectations and standards every year to this clown show for two decades. I’ve been extremely frustrated and downright angry for a long time. I am going to give these guys some time to hopefully re establish the standards and expectations for sustained success again. Get this team back to where it rightfully belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i would add cb to this as well and christian gonzalez fits the bill as a future all pro type shut down cb
    Problem with cornerback,s and we have been
    drafting them forever is that we seem to always
    have a bad pass rush….

jalen carter wont get passed the seahags,leaving us with tyree,christian or maybe richardson

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    jalen carter wont get passed the seahags,leaving us with tyree,christian or maybe richardson
    Agreed, doing the math, (Stroud/Young/Anderson should all be gone top 5, at that point, Levis/Anderson for a QB desperate team, Carter, Tyree, Christian are left) we should have the QB of the future, or a top defender on the draft board left for us. Not too bad. We can always force our hand, by mortgaging the future to move up....but given the holes.....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Yeah but what happens if one of the
    top four QB is available….we might never
    get another chance at franchise QB available
    again…
    I'm good with that too. I even want Richardson. But if they don't go QB and Carter is there, he needs to be the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    I'm good with that too. I even want Richardson. But if they don't go QB and Carter is there, he needs to be the pick.
    Either way, there will be something there at 7, to fill a need, whether it's the QB of the future or a top tier defender. And given the pick last year of Parham, Z is pretty no nonsense, so an Arnette or Ruggs out of LF will not happen.