Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Davis Says Frequent Coaching Changes Affected Derek Carr

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Mark Davis Says Frequent Coaching Changes Affected Derek Carr

Davis seems pissed off. Really hope this McDaniels gamble pays off with some hardware... (insert "Only Time Will Tell")

I think his statement reflexes that the current staff is here for the long haul. And to be fair it takes time to make a team the way you want.

i think mark was on teh fence about derek carr and gave him his chance to prove him wrong by going out and getting him adams what davis did not know was that derek carr would struggle mightily in mcd system, once that ship sailed it was clear to mark,mcd and zig derek carr was not the guy, so rebuild

ps i think we will be better this yr vs last yr on offense and defense

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i think mark was on teh fence about derek carr and gave him his chance to prove him wrong by going out and getting him adams what davis did not know was that derek carr would struggle mightily in mcd system, once that ship sailed it was clear to mark,mcd and zig derek carr was not the guy, so rebuild

Hope your right brother.

You are likely right

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post

It wasn’t all on Carr, of course, but Davis got Carr his BFF, an elite receiver. Carr was in a new system but performed worse in this system in his first year with Adams than Mac Jones did as a rookie with mediocre receivers. Some QBs just don’t fit well in certain systems. Carr showed this was not the system for him.

Davis could have stayed with Carr and torpedoed McDaniels and Zeigler. He decided to stay with the coach and GM, but jettison Carr.

Mark Davis coaching change was not that extreme...most of the coach's that were with Carr got about three years...

carr struggles with grudens system as well yr 1, so no surprise that he struggled yr 1 in mcd system

Carr struggled in the red zone even if he's in the system for 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    Carr struggled in the red zone even if he's in the system for 3 years.
    truth, carr panics in the redzone and makes horrible decisions