Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Broncos reach deal with Saints for Sean Payton

  1. #1

    Broncos reach deal with Saints for Sean Payton

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ts-sean-payton

    ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos owner and CEO Greg Penner said at the start of the team's coaching search he wanted a "strong leader for this organization,'' and Tuesday sources told ESPN the Broncos had agreed to a trade with the New Orleans Saints to make Sean Payton the 19th head coach in the franchise's history.

    Because he had signed an extension with the Saints, in 2019, that was set to run through the 2024 season, the Saints and the Broncos had to negotiate compensation for Denver to sign Payton as their head coach.

    The Saints will receive the Broncos' 2023 first-round pick (No. 29 overall) and their 2024 second-round pick for Payton and the Saints' 2024 third-round selection, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

  2. #2
    Broncos really putting it all on the line. They better hope it works out, I'm hoping not.

  3. #3
    Even with all the draft picks given up between Wilson and now Payton. They have to be better going forward. Raiders better nail the off season.

  4. #4
    Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Alameda, California
    Posts
    6,545
    Looks like we might finish dead last in the AFC West next season.

  5. #5
    I hate to say it cause everybody knows I hate the Donkey's, but I do hope they can eventually slow down the Chiefs. Them and the Chargers. Until we get rid of "bowl cut" we're gonna suck the hind tit. Best of luck to the Donk's and Chargers.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyHater View Post
    I hate to say it cause everybody knows I hate the Donkey's, but I do hope they can eventually slow down the Chiefs. Them and the Chargers. Until we get rid of "bowl cut" we're gonna suck the hind tit. Best of luck to the Donk's and Chargers.
    You must have a fever.

  7. #7
    He's a good coach, not a great coach. 1 Superbowl win (and only 1 appearance) with an elite, HOF QB. With the exception of a few years, they were a shoe in to win the division. Apart from Brady and the Patriots in the NFC East, they had the easiest route to the playoffs and they routinely underachieved...especially come playoff time. HOF QB, great skill position players, solid offensive lines, good defenses more often than not....he should have won more. Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't mind him as our HC but I'm not sure he's gonna have massive success in Denver. Wilson is another year older coming off a terrible year in which he looks washed. They have minimal draft capital. They have a team that soon will have people on rookie contracts they will need to make decisions on. The dude destroyed the Saints hopes for the future with his decisions then cut and ran when he knew they would be bad for a couple years. This is purely a money move by Payton.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    You must have a fever.
    Naw....just facing reality. And you know what they say about reality. "It bites"

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyHater View Post
    Naw....just facing reality. And you know what they say about reality. "It bites"
    sorry to be the bringer of bad news but bowl cut ain't going nowhere, dudes created over 3 billion in value tot he franchise making the davis's family net worth close to 2 billion and growing

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Poconos, PA
    Posts
    10,052
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ts-sean-payton

    ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos owner and CEO Greg Penner said at the start of the team's coaching search he wanted a "strong leader for this organization,'' and Tuesday sources told ESPN the Broncos had agreed to a trade with the New Orleans Saints to make Sean Payton the 19th head coach in the franchise's history.

    Because he had signed an extension with the Saints, in 2019, that was set to run through the 2024 season, the Saints and the Broncos had to negotiate compensation for Denver to sign Payton as their head coach.

    The Saints will receive the Broncos' 2023 first-round pick (No. 29 overall) and their 2024 second-round pick for Payton and the Saints' 2024 third-round selection, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
    The Broncos already gave their 1st and 2nd round pick to the Seahawks for Wilson. The pick they are giving to the Saints must be the 1st Denver got from Miami.
    No draft and Wilson at QB, I think Payton is doing it for the money.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •