Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would Stidham cost? And would you give him a shot?

What would Stidham cost? And would you give him a shot?

Part of me would like to see the Raiders make Stidham the starter next year and maybe beyond. I liked what I saw in a small sample and wonder what he could be with full reps and training camp. He seems to have the gun slinger balls Carr lost in 2016. If his contract is team friendly the Raiders can go all out on stacking the Oline and the defense in the draft and free agency. Possible even look for a future QB in the rough in the later rounds. Even draft Richardson at #7 and let his sit behind Stidham.

One pundit stated, you either have a elite QB who can overcome a teams weakness(s) and has a killer contract or

You have a stacked team with players and a QB on a team friendly contract. That QB still needs to be smart and efficient. Unlike Carr.

So how much would Stidham cost? Would you give him a shot?
    Last edited by rabidraider; 01-28-2023 at 02:52 PM.

honestly i dont see stidham getting more then 7 to 9 as a backup type with starting exp
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 01-29-2023 at 06:15 AM.

As I've said before in other posts of mine...Stidham would be an ok option if we had a 49ers built team. Brock Purdy would win 7 games with our roster....roughly the same as Stidham imo. The issue is McDaniels has to win NOW or it's full rebuild in 2024. Unfortunately I think that's where we are headed because I don't think we get any FA QB or any QB better than Carr through trade. Stidham could be solid if our team is better but we aren't. We have no depth and our defense is terrible. It'll take at minimum 2 off seasons to even build us up.

IDGAF anymore. I just want to WIN. This team isn’t going to.

Keep Stidham as starter in 2023
    Draft Richardson who should
    still be on the board at 7th
    and start Richardson in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Keep Stidham as starter in 2023
    Draft Richardson who should
    still be on the board at 7th
    and start Richardson in 2024

Everything I'm reading about Richardson is that he needs lots of work. I wonder if one season would bring him to NFL level of performance. Some pundits said he should of even stayed another year in college. Very raw with tons of upside. His Wonderlic testing will be really important.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Everything I'm reading about Richardson is that he needs lots of work. I wonder if one season would bring him to NFL level of performance. Some pundits said he should of even stayed another year in college. Very raw with tons of upside. His Wonderlic testing will be really important.
    He has bust written all over him. People are comparing him on a Mahomes trajectory except that Mahomes was much more polished as a passer. If we get Richardson, McDaniels gets fired after a year and then he has a new HC and a new system to learn in year 2. Already starting off shitty.

I think Bass is about right at 8-9M. I believe in McDaniels system Stidham would be more productive than Carr. So he would be an upgrade but I dont think weve seen enough to say he can be the guy. But if McDaniels/Zeigler feel they can win with him and we go that route it would be huge as far as being able to build a good team not having to allocate draft picks and a high cap % to that position. Perhaps theres an under the radar QB to be had in the mid rounds that fits this system that they have their eye on, maybe that guy comes next year.

Brady, Garoppolo would be the obvious FA choices due to being familiar with McDaniels. Rodgers may be had as well. I say no thanks to that. Rookie wise Richardson is the best prospect that we should have a shot at without moving up for, but hes not ready and may not even be ready in year two. That could be a tough pill to swallow spending the 7th overall pick. The three QBs ahead of him will require giving up multiple 1st-3rd round picks to move up and we really cant be doing that especially when none of them appear to be a slam dunk.

I ask is there a realistically obtainable FA or rookie QB that we should go after that would be a significant upgrade over Stidham without giving up draft picks or another 30M+ over Stidham in salary. One that wouldnt hamstring our roster build going forward.

Keep him. Knows the system ans showed he can play. Give him an upgrade at OL and a upgraded D, I think he does a lot better. Can't be worse than a rookie qb, who would have to learn the system and hope he can run it. Drafting a qb into this difficult system is a total wildcard option.

The deals that Mariota signed with us as backup. 7-8 million guaranteed, with a huge bonus for games played, probably in the 10-12 range.