Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which player is more likely to be traded this offseason?

Which player is more likely to be traded this offseason?

Josh Jacobs?
    Darren Waller?
    Davante Adams?
    Hunter Renfrow?

A lot is happening around the league right now. Rumors are heating up that Aaron Rodgers will end up in New York with the Jets. It makes sense if you think about it. Rodgers is still a quality QB and it would give him the best chance of another Super Bowl. The Jets team is loaded on offense and defense. But they don't have the QB to lead it. Adams would love having the weapons the Jets have. He definitely didn't have that in Green Bay, especially after Adams was traded.

Carr would have made sense there, too, except for his fragile ego confronting a brutal New York media and his propensity to play like crap as the weather gets below 40. It gets below 40 in the winter all the time in New York.

I have a strong one of the above four players will be gone this offseason, especially if the Raiders need more ammunition to move up in the draft a couple of spots or want to rebuild the team in a hurry. The greatest ability in the NFL is availability. Waller is hurt a a lot. Renfrow has had a number of concussions.

As for our star running back, Jacobs may or may not feel the Raiders' offer makes sense for him. Zeigler and McDaniels love Jacobs, but are they willing to pay top dollar for a position that has one of the shortest careers in the league. Jacobs may see his value as x but the Raiders brain trust may see his value as 2/3 x. Running backs take a beating. Very few are great on their second contract.

As for Adams, he's said he wants to remain a Raider, but if Rodgers goes to New York, could Adams want to join him? Adams wants input into the next QB. What if our next, best option is Stidham with a rookie QB learning behind him? Would Adams be happy or would he want out?

Need to try a trade Darren Waller….

Last two years he hardly seen much
    playing time…

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't tag Josh. You pay a premium, but if he gets injured, you are on the hook for one season.

Waller is probably the most likely candidate of those listed

I dont see us trading waller, foster contract is up and were probably moving on from him leaving us with ???

Id keep the offense in tact,resign josh jacobs to a 3 yr deal

Bet, Jacobs is gone, Waller and Renfrow also gone.

We keep Jacob's, we trade Waller and Renfrew for draft capital to move up and get Stroud. We sign growkowski and stidham to teach the rookie. We build the defense and offensive line through FA and use the draft to get BPA, which will include some receivers and TE to take coverage off Adam's. He'll, we could probably land a good TE and Reciever in FA. Would I Rather Tom Brady? Yes. Tom will give Adam's confidence we are shooting for the playoffs and not rebuilding and Gronk and Edleman may follow him to Vegas.

If the Raiders go with a rookie QB, Adams will smell a rebuild and want out.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they don't tag Josh. You pay a premium, but if he gets injured, you are on the hook for one season.
    If you tag Jacobs, it puts him in another prove it year.