Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carr to Texans?

Carr to Texans?

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler has Derek Carr going to the Texans.
    He also has Aaron Rodgers going to the Jets or Colts.

I've been thinking Texans all along. They have draft capitol to spare too.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    I've been thinking Texans all along. They have draft capitol to spare too.
    plenty of picks for the next 2 yrs and massive cap cash to spend too, look for brandin cooks to get traded off as well

Carr knows Houston. I could see this happen.

Carr says he wants to win, but does he want to go to a team where the expectation is “playoffs or else,” or would he rather go to a team where the expectations are lower?

As much as I think the Jets would give him the best chance to win, the cold weather and NY media would eat him alive.

But would the Texans want another Carr?

They are becoming a more interesting and interesting option because they may choose to build their team with a bridge QB for a year or 2 while having a guy sit for a year. The only thing is would Carr approve? Sure he knows that franchise but they aren't even competing for that trash division for the next 2+ years and he essentially will be a place holder before he turns into a clipboard holder (or they hope to flip him for draft capital after this year). Carr says he wants to win too. He won't win there

texans are closer then many think, this yr they pushed a lot of playoff teams to the brink before losing late 4th qtr, derek carr would get his money and the texans would get their top 12 qb and then use all of those high picks #2,#12,#33,#65,#73 +5 to 7 quality players and cap money 42 million in free agency to add 4 to 5 excellent players, this is a team that could make a dramatic turn next yr
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 01-24-2023 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    texans are closer then many think, this yr they pushed a lot of playoff teams to the brink before losing late 4th qtr, derek carr would get his money and the texans would get their top 12 qb and then use all of those high picks #2,#12,#33,#65,#73 +5 to 7 quality players and cap money 42 million in free agency to add 4 to 5 excellent players, this is a team that could make a dramatic turn next yr
    One thing that may play in Carr’s favor is that the NFL is a “now” league. Teams and fans don’t want a slow build. Owners don’t have the patience. Carr would allow the Texans to use most of their draft capital to build a team around Carr. I could see them giving us their 33rd pick for Carr or trading back with us in a trade for Carr.

If Carr thinks the Raiders are poorly ran just wait until he gets a whiff of Houston. Oh wait, he already knows that not much has changed there since they drafted his brother. If he actually waives his no trade clause to go there then that low Wonderlic was ringing the alarm bells all along.

I don't give two damns where he goes, just that he goes. If we can trade him for decent draft capital, great. But my guess is we're going to have to release him and not get anything for him other than cap savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Raider View Post
    I don't give two damns where he goes, just that he goes. If we can trade him for decent draft capital, great. But my guess is we're going to have to release him and not get anything for him other than cap savings.
    Pick or no pick, we get cap space back. the team has already moved on, the players put up a nice fight against the Niners.