Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will Carr land?

Where will Carr land?

I again say I am completely against moving Carr. If you look at all the available QB's that can be had in FA, via a trade, or the draft, Carr is arguable the best option out there. With that said, none of you geniuses have offered up a better option or the succession plan for Carr. While there has to be a plan in place with Ziegler and McDaniels, they aren't sharing it. Nor should they. I said it before and I will say it again, they better get it right or there will be some serious consequences.

With that said, where will Carr land? With Bill O'Brien being hired by NE as the new OC, I don't see them moving on from Mac Jones and trading for Carr. Some where saying NE as a potential destination. I've eliminated the Giants too, as Daniel Jones had a real good year with the Giants and led them to the playoffs. Reports say they are sticking with Jones.

Here is my list of potential suitors for DC.

Jets - The Jets seem to be a QB away from making the playoffs. Their owner has come out and said we want an veteran QB.
    Titans - Tannehill is no guarantee to be the guy moving forward.
    Colts - Rumored to have offered 2 first rounders last year. If Bisaccia gets the gig, they could be one of the front runners.
    Texans - They have a need at QB and Ziegler and Caserio have worked together in NE. Texans have lots of capital too.
    Commanders - Definitely a need at QB and with Del Rio on staff, could make them one of the front runners.
    Bucs - With Brady all but gone, there is a need.
    Panthers - Have lots of pieces in place, QB is a need.
    Saints - Dennis Allen was Carr's coach his rookie year and the 2 are said to have a good relationship.
    Falcons - Big need at QB, with Mariota having not panned out and a young QB in Ridder having much to proove.

That's 9 teams I've listed. Name me 9 legit QB's that are available via a trade, FA, or the draft. Since you can't, shows why DC's value is much higher than any of you think, and this could turn into a bidding war.

I think right now it's a 4 team race with the Texans, Jets, Commanders, and Saints all in the mix. All teams remain an option I listed as of right now sources tell me. If Bisaccia gets the gig with the Colts chances increase in landing Derek Carr.

Again, lots of variables in play here for a deal to get done. But it appears the Raiders have much more leverage than many of you thought.

As I receive more information from my most trusted sources, I will share it with you.

So who's it going to be? Anyone care to share their thoughts on who DC's next team will be? Is it a team that I didn't list?

F.I.B. Savior
    Last edited by F.I.B. Savior; 01-24-2023 at 12:28 PM.

Honestly I don't really care where he goes, as long as he's not with the Raiders. If any team offers anything in a trade, take it, but the deal must be made before Feb 15. If that can't be done, then cut him. I would not even entertain the idea of doing any deals after Feb 15 unless there is new agreement written up between Carr and the Raiders extending the deadline.

So to answer your question...it doesn't matter what team he goes to. Just do it before Feb 15 or cut him.

I just got off the phone with one of my sources. Add Green Bay to the mix. Aaron Rogers is open to a trade and also adjusting his contract, which I reported happens all the time across the league. I know many of you are hung up on the Feb 15 date with Carr's contract, but if a trade were to take place after the 15th, it doesn't mean the new team Carr is being traded to, can't or wouldn't adjust Carr's deal, if they so choose.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eal-plays-2023

It wouldn't necessarily mean Carr is part of the Rogers trade, as I'm told Carr would prefer a warmer weather enviornment, and there are also more attactive options than GB. So in essense, 2 trades could happen. One dealing Carr and a second trade dealing for Rogers.

Rogers will be 40 years old and has a huge contract. But if he wants out of GB and wants to play with his buddy again in Davante Adams, the contract must be adjusted.

I still think a 31 year old Carr staying with the Raiders is the best option. Like I said, they better get it right or heads will roll.

Don't shoot the messenger. Just reporting what I am hearing.

F.I.B. Savior
    Last edited by F.I.B. Savior; 01-24-2023 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    I just got off the phone with one of my sources. Add Green Bay to the mix. Aaron Rogers is open to a trade and also adjusting his contract, which I reported happens all the time across the league. I know many of you are hung up on the Feb 15 date with Carr's contract, but if a trade were to take place after the 15th, it doesn't mean the new team Carr is being traded to, can't or wouldn't adjust Carr's deal, if they so choose.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eal-plays-2023

It wouldn't necessarily mean Carr is part of the Rogers trade, as I'm told Carr would prefer a warmer weather enviornment, and there are also more attactive options than GB. So in essense, 2 trades could happen. One dealing Carr and a second trade dealing for Rogers.

Rogers will be 40 years old and has a huge contract. But if he wants out of GB and wants to play with his buddy again in Davante Adams, the contract must be adjusted.

I still think a 31 year old Carr staying with the Raiders is the best option. Like I said, they better get it right or heads will roll.

Don't shoot the messenger. Just reporting what I am hearing.

F.I.B. Savior
    Bullshit. We are not selling the farm for a 40 year old QB who would be new to this system. This has train wreck written all over it.

Jets - Carr reportedly will nix a trade to them. Unknown reasons but believed to be media scrutiny and/or cold weather.
    Commanders - Carr also reportedly will nix a trade to them. Unknown reasons.
    Texans - becoming more possible.
    Colts - possible but not probable even if Bisaccia somehow gets it. Isray and Ballard have both publicly stated their want to draft a QB high, even going as far as saying they will trade up. Worst kept secret among non playoff teams.
    Titans - interesting but becoming increasingly doubtful however this all depends on some other factors within their organization.
    All the NFC south is in play.
    Packers - No.

At this point as it currently stands, only the Saints, Bucs, Panthers, and Texans are the current options. The things being leaked by his camp and what other possibly "interested" teams are looking at narrows this list. Things can change. Teams can change. Carr can change (his mind not his play).The Jets could fly in and say they'll offer us a 2nd and give Carr a 2 year, 100 million extension.

I'll take, "Who gives a shit" for $1000 Alex"

Dont go away mad, just go away

ok i got the correct amounts on if we traded for aaron rodgers vs cap

the 59 million option bonus would go to us on march 17 plus salaries of 2023 1.165 million and 2024 2.25 million so 63 million over 2 yrs vs carr 2023 32.9 million, 2024 41.9 million, so 74.8 million over 2 yrs

You know; Carr might just retire
    He made his millions and he really
    does not have to ever work again….

Texans sound good; but they are in
    total rebuilding and does Carr want to
    do that….knowing our luck; Carr will
    get released and then sign with the
    Chiefs as Mahomes backup….

I'm fine with Carr signing with the chiefs or any other team in the NFL.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Carr will land on the moon.