Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So what's the succession plan?

Ahhh yes, the only success is winning a Super Bowl something the Raiders haven't done for almost 40 years.

Right...

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    I appreciate you attempting answer the question, and not just coming on here and stinking up the tread while avoiding the question.

4 franchise QB's you say. Assuming you mean Young, Stroud, Levis, and Richardson. Can you guarantee any of these guys are going to be great?

Young's size scares me, and most mocks have him going in the top 3. The Raiders would have to trade premium assets to get him in all liklihood.

Ohio State QB's scare me. So far Fields hasn't panned out, and Haskins did nothing as a pro in recent years. Is Stroud a guarantee?

Levis I read had INT issues. And is he really a better option than DC?

Richardson again is a gamble and risky pick. There is obviously much homework to do on all of these QB's. But do you think Davante came here to play with an inexperienced rookie QB?

If the Raiders do go this route and draft a first round rookie QB to be the guy, is he the day one starter, or is he groomed beind
    a guy like Tom Brady for a year or two?

I again thinks this whole scenario stinks. This plan could blow up in McDaniels and Ziegler's faces. The only plan that would be considered a succss is the Raiders winning the Super Bowl.

F.I.B. Savior
    You need take a look at Burrow; Bengals were pretty bad team and they got a number 1 pick and drafted a QB and the whole team has turn around; I think at the time that Burrow was drafted, he was just a QB that could have been a gamble...Raiders need to start at ground zero and build from the draft by drafting a QB....

Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    I believe they’re going to go get TB, and possibly draft (insert name) to sit behind him. I think they will draft a bunch of defensive players and use TB to draw in some O line free agents. I’m not sold on any of the draft prospects being slam dunks. I’m not saying that I love it, but that’s my guess.
    Here's another attempt at answering the question, I'll give you credit for that. And of all the available options, I think this is probably the closest to being correct. But is that QB to sit behind Brady already in the buidling in Jarrett Stidham?

F.I.B. Savior

Another week goes by, and many here and the talking heads around the globe, have still not offered up a succession plan that makes any sense from moving on from Derek Carr.

You all have had ample time to process this thought, yet nothing. A couple of you have offered some thoghts on this subject, but none that make any real sense. Drafting Richardson from UF, an unknown commodity, who many have called a developmental prospect, again makes no sense. Especially when you have a top 10 QB already in place in DC, and Davante Adams not having signed up for this thought.

As time goes by, Mark, Dave, and Josh have had ample time to re-think their strategy. Perhaps reality is setting in, and they realize the best and only option for the Raiders is to stick with DC, upgrade the O-line, and build a championship winning defense.

Again, they better get this right. Because if they don't, no fans will come to any home games anymore. You thought the Niners and KC games were bad. You ain't seen nothing yet!

I know they live and operate in Vegas, but is this a bet they are winning to place?

F.I.B. Savior

Carr is history, Can't you get that through your thick skull. What we think doesn't matter. Management will do what they want.

id much rather go with a vet bridge and a rookie then carr...the upside is huge and unknown but that better then knowing carr will be stuck at qb3 or qb4 in our own division

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Carr is history, Can't you get that through your thick skull. What we think doesn't matter. Management will do what they want.
    I won't, unitl you or anyone else offers a better option. To date, you or anyone else for that matter has not!!

F.I.B. Savior

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    id much rather go with a vet bridge and a rookie then carr...the upside is huge and unknown but that better then knowing carr will be stuck at qb3 or qb4 in our own division
    Give Carr what Mahomes as had and we are talking MVP's. And specifically what Mahames has had, is the same coach and offensive system for his entire career, better than average defenses, (top 10 this year), premium weapons and top tier offensive lines. This year KC sends 3 offensive linemen to the Pro-bowl, and had a 4th as an alternate.

The only time Carr has had anything remotely close to this was in 2016. Oh yeah, he was an MVP candidate that year too. Any correlation?

F.I.B. Savior

I won't, unitl you or anyone else offers a better option. To date, you or anyone else for that matter has not!!

F.I.B. Savior
    Stidham is a better option. Jimmy G is a better option. Some rookie that management loves is a better option. The team is done with Carr regardless the options. Carr is gone. You think they went through all this drama and will now bring Carr back? No fucking way.

Give Carr what Mahomes as had and we are talking MVP's. And specifically what Mahames has had, is the same coach and offensive system for his entire career, better than average defenses, (top 10 this year), premium weapons and top tier offensive lines. This year KC sends 3 offensive linemen to the Pro-bowl, and had a 4th as an alternate.

The only time Carr has had anything remotely close to this was in 2016. Oh yeah, he was an MVP candidate that year too. Any correlation?

F.I.B. Savior
    Carr would've been given the same treatment as Alex Smith...traded for a better prospect. Carr had weapons this year and failed miserably. Even when his defense held teams to under 24 points this year....we were 4-5 in those games. We were 2-2 in games where we held them to less than 20 points and both losses Carr looked like a 3rd string QB. Carr has a losing record when his teams hold opposing offenses to 24 points or less. He has a losing record when his defense holds opposing offenses to less than 20 points. He is the ONLY QB (minimum 5 games) since he was drafted to be able to be in both those categories. He is the ONLY QB to have a losing record (minimum 5 starts) where his defense gives up less than 20 points going all the back to the 80s. Giving up 24 points a game is roughly league average to slightly below average. Giving up 20 points a game puts you in top 7-10 category. That means when Carr has been given good defensive performances....he fails. The defense has been a problem but so has he. It's been well documented. He isn't the ONLY problem but he is a problem. He hasn't been the same since he broke his leg. Even with stability, we would be a playoff contender but not a Superbowl contender because he isn't an elite QB.
    Last edited by Ra1derfan53; 01-27-2023 at 06:02 AM.