Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Draft

Defense should be the priority. DT or LB preferably.

If we could get Hooker in a latter round to stash for a year that would be best.

Stroud showing true colors. Stay far away.

I dont watch much college ball so I defer to others expertise but it seems like there is no "cant miss" QB prospect this year. Just draft BPA to build the team and maybe grab Cam Ward in the mid rounds who looks interesting but needs some smoothing out.

2024 looks to have JJ McCarthy as a possible generational QB from what Ive been reading.

Stroud is not an NFL quarterback. I said in another thread and there are A LOT of Buckeye fans who'd tell you the same thing. I don't think there's a "can't miss" QB in this draft. BUT, if the plan is to release Carr THEY BETTER have a better quarterback in place. Because it makes ZERO sense to get rid of Carr, not draft one of the top ones in the draft, then get an equal or lessor player in FA.

4. Raiders: Will Anderson Jr., EDGE, Georgia
    Drafting a talent like Anderson would undoubtedly improve Las Vegas' ability to limit opponents' scoring chances, that's shown by his career 55.5 tackles for loss and 32.5 sacks for the Bulldogs. Six of Las Vegas' seven losses have been by a touchdown or less and the team's 13 sacks are a league worst. The Raiders' inability to sustain leads and close out games makes drafting Anderson a no-brainer. Anderson is the type of generational talent that could transform an entire organization's fortunes.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/be...match-no-3?amp
    Last edited by SuperRaider; 11-27-2022 at 02:28 AM.

Will Anderson plays for Alabama, not Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Raider View Post
    Will Anderson plays for Alabama, not Georgia
    That is true;

Stroud is not an NFL quarterback. I said in another thread and there are A LOT of Buckeye fans who'd tell you the same thing. I don't think there's a "can't miss" QB in this draft. BUT, if the plan is to release Carr THEY BETTER have a better quarterback in place. Because it makes ZERO sense to get rid of Carr, not draft one of the top ones in the draft, then get an equal or lessor player in FA.
    Its easy to come in after yesterdays game and say hes not that great but I dont see anything that great about him either. Other than having the ideal size. Doesnt even have the elusiveness I though he had more of. Kind of an under performer on a highly talented team. Ive only watched a little of him across a few games this year including yesterdays game so Im no talent evaluator but if we do go QB rd 1 I hope its not him. I like the Bama kid better and even the Kentucky kid who will go later due to his stats, but hes a better QB on an inferior team who played much stiffer competition week in week out. Theres really not a QB Im sold on with a high pick but Id be the least confident in Stroud.

Im very intrigued by Levis from Kentucky. Great size, very athletic and big arm.

It makes business sense to get rid of Carr because he will get "great" QB money for being a mediocre QB. Today is a perfect example: A couple of good throws, a couple of misses and some brain farts. However he didnt lose the game and allowed the running game and short passing game to be enough to carry the game. Stidham, Mariota, Minneshew, etc could have all done the same for much less $$$$$