Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 75

Thread: The Next Draft

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Will Levis isn't good enough, trust me. I'm a Penn State homer and he couldn't beat out Sean Clifford. He was decent at best at Kentucky but he's severely limited and depending how athletic he is he may be lucky to be a Taysom Hill type. I don't see him being a good NFL QB.
    This draft class doesnt have any "cant miss" QB`s but I still think anybody on a rookie contract is better than what Carr will be paid if he stays. Heck just draft BPA with the first and second pick and if you see a Cam Ward in the third round......go for it. We can ride with Stidham or another mid tier FA QB and see what happens. Just need to free up Carrs money
    Last edited by xramfan; 12-01-2022 at 08:26 AM.

  2. #42
    I'm sure between now and when the draft happens Zeigler and McDaniels will approach the QB situation with a very open mind. I'm sure they will field any and all trade requests, because to the surprise of some, there are teams who are in a worse QB situation than we are and Carr would be an upgrade. So, I'm sure any and all trade proposals will be explored.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Raider View Post
    I'm sure between now and when the draft happens Zeigler and McDaniels will approach the QB situation with a very open mind. I'm sure they will field any and all trade requests, because to the surprise of some, there are teams who are in a worse QB situation than we are and Carr would be an upgrade. So, I'm sure any and all trade proposals will be explored.
    Not sure how much teeth it has but doesnt Carr have a "no trade" clause? He has said before he won't play for anybody else but the Raiders. My guess, unless he is completely bull shitting, is he retires if the Raiders cut him

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by xramfan View Post
    Not sure how much teeth it has but doesnt Carr have a "no trade" clause? He has said before he won't play for anybody else but the Raiders. My guess, unless he is completely bull shitting, is he retires if the Raiders cut him
    I think he's full of crap with the retiring if he cannot play for the Raiders mumbo jumbo. At his age, the money is simply too lucrative not to play.

  5. #45
    Can't worry about trading him if he's not a fit....he's 5 million dead, 34 hit....barring a playoff win....we need to move on.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by xramfan View Post
    This draft class doesnt have any "cant miss" QB`s but I still think anybody on a rookie contract is better than what Carr will be paid if he stays. Heck just draft BPA with the first and second pick and if you see a Cam Ward in the third round......go for it. We can ride with Stidham or another mid tier FA QB and see what happens. Just need to free up Carrs money
    No QB is can't miss. It all depends on the situation they are put in. Is Patrick Mahomes Patrick Mahomes if he got drafted by dumpster fire Chicago? Or Detroit? He's probably good....but he isn't this successful. I don't think our situation is the best right now for a rookie QB unless they sit behind Carr or some other random vet QB for at least a year. Below average offensive line in a tough system with a shit defense.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Raider View Post
    I think he's full of crap with the retiring if he cannot play for the Raiders mumbo jumbo. At his age, the money is simply too lucrative not to play.
    I unfortunately think he is for real. He is a man of god and his Christian faith is of the utmost importance to him. With that being said, when he signed his first extension that made him.the highest paid QB in the league for a brief moment, he had mentioned how he has enough money to help the causes that are dear to his heart...
    Carr is not a flashy guy (supposedly), although he has a pimp ass mansion in Vegas... besides that he is set for life... i see him holding to his word and retiring if the Raiders move on from him whether through trade or release...
    Sucks for the Raiders as the draft capital or players we could get if we traded Carr would improve this team. Instead, we are stuck with him, or move on without getting a single dime for him...

  8. #48
    I think he's smart to put in a no trade clause in his contract and I don't think he would go to another team. I think he would retire if he is cut by the Raiders. And I think he knows another team wouldn't put up with his style of play for very long.

  9. #49
    Carr may feel like that now but once that itch to play hits during the off season he may test the waters but Carr had shown nothing but integrity and passion for the raiders and I don't see him ever playing for another team of he's not the starter for the raiders. I do see him working the front office though, if he steps away. Once a raider, always a raider. He could assist scouting, assistant qb coach and so on

  10. #50
    i think there is a reason why the extension was written the way, it was written, zig and mcd did not want to reup carr but mark did, so zig and mcd compromised with mark davis but also left zig/mcd easy outs if carr shit the bed in this new system, carr either takes a paycut or trade or we cut him and move on

    ps i would love to trade carr for aaron rodgers, the raiders are off the hook on rodgers signing bonus money and only responsible for his salary, green bay would benefit also cause carrs deal is basically yr to yr, imagine rodgers and adams back together again plus add waller/renfrow and jj tot he mix ...wow
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 12-01-2022 at 10:24 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •