Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Packers claim Abram

Packers claim Abram

The Green Bay Packers have claim Johnathan Abram. I wonder if he was recommended
    by their Special Teams Coordinator Rich Bisaccia.
    Last edited by Johnkr; 11-10-2022 at 11:58 AM.

probably. what does this mean as far as owed salary and comp picks?

We owe nothing since Packers claimed him on waivers, they inherit his contract. No comp picks since his deal did not expire as a Raider.

Sportstac has Adams Green Bay 2022 salary at $1,031,262

Packers are already waiving him

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    Packers are already waiving him
    It cost them $1M unless another team claims him.

I heard Q say on the podcast this morning that Biasacchia blasted Abram in the media for his dumb penalties and play. Next thing you know, back on waivers

2 games, missed the Philly game. 38 total snaps, 1 defensive snap. 2 holding calls and 1 unsportsmanlike......hopefully we draft players with some intelligence, to me these penalties can get chalked up to laziness.....or stupidity, as a 4 year man, it's stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    2 games, missed the Philly game. 38 total snaps, 1 defensive snap. 2 holding calls and 1 unsportsmanlike......hopefully we draft players with some intelligence, to me these penalties can get chalked up to laziness.....or stupidity, as a 4 year man, it's stupidity.
    In the documentary A Football Life: Jimmy Johnson, he said one of the main things they looked for was "high IQ" football players. He said they didn't want "dumb" football players.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Thats crazy. I think that with the right coaching, he could be a decent special teams guy on kickoff and punt teams and at times a serviceable box safety in the red zone but other than that...he's awful in coverage and hurts teammates more than lays out other teams players. He was a bad pick and was taken by a coach who liked to live like it was 1999