Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Derek Carr Ignoring Davante Adams ?

Meanwhile JT the Brick says Carr is one of the best in the league at reading the line of scrimmage. I like JT but don't agree with him here. Carr predetermines the throw and not a good QB when it comes to reading and adapting to a defense AFTER the ball is snapped. Just straight fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Meanwhile JT the Brick says Carr is one of the best in the league at reading the line of scrimmage. I like JT but don't agree with him here. Carr predetermines the throw and not a good QB when it comes to reading and adapting to a defense AFTER the ball is snapped. Just straight fact.
    I believe he is good at reading pre-snap at the line of scrimmage, but he still is a one read guy most of the time. But then again with a loaded box he still hands off the ball to the RB.

derek carr is ot the answer for the raiders period, can't elevate his team mates, can't or won't try to extend a play and refuses to run for yds even though he can

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    derek carr is ot the answer for the raiders period, can't elevate his team mates, can't or won't try to extend a play and refuses to run for yds even though he can
    He plays well enough and wins enough not to get kicked to the curb, but can't take a team to a Superbowl. He is not dynamic and it takes dynamic to go deep in the playoffs. At this point I'd rather gamble on a kid than do the same thing year after year. I would love one more Superbowl before I croak.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    He plays well enough and wins enough not to get kicked to the curb, but can't take a team to a Superbowl. He is not dynamic and it takes dynamic to go deep in the playoffs. At this point I'd rather gamble on a kid than do the same thing year after year. I would love one more Superbowl before I croak.
    Don’t count on it, I been waiting since are last Super Bowl win in 84, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPaul68 View Post
    Don’t count on it, I been waiting since are last Super Bowl win in 84, lol.

Me too! Those 3 Superbowls between 76 and 84 made it seem like we would do it on a regular basis. although the early 70s were frustrating.

I don't know; I be very surprise to see the Raiders win another superbowl...under Mark Davis we really have not done much; I mean we made the playoff last year and Rich and Gus should have been at least given another year in my opinion just to see what they could have done with this team...I mean the players were playing their heart and soul for Richie....And what does Mark Davis do; he get rid of them and bring in a whole new system....which is not working at this moment, but it will work and will take some time to work...

Maybe some of it is Carr fault as he should have been more vocal about keeping Richie as the HC for 2022;

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Me too! Those 3 Superbowls between 76 and 84 made it seem like we would do it on a regular basis. although the early 70s were frustrating.
    Yeah, ever three to four years, now it’s can they win a Super Bowl, before I croak, lol.

Even though I like Rich Bisaccia and he was what the team needed during that rough time, I don't know if he would have been a good coach at the start of a new season. Would he still implement Gruden's offense? He never challenged any call by throwing the red flag, and he should have challenged a bunch. The players liked him because he was supposedly easy in terms of practices. And that team was rallying to get into the playoffs after all that happened. That team was playing on a lot of emotion.

I liked that we got another coach who had more experience and was current with today's game. So far it's just not clicking though.

The silver lining is brand new coach, brand new schemes on offense and defense... Carr has been notoriously bad the first 3 games of any new scheme / OC and we didn't play any of our starters in the Preseason. These 1st 3 games we looked like we were playing preseason football and still had a chance to win all 3. Today is going to be a big indicator of what this football team is. We shall all find out come 4:25 EST.
    Fingers crossed we play all 4 quarters for once and play complementary football in all 3 phases of the game...
    Let's Go Raiders!