Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Enigma that is Derek Carr

Quote Originally Posted by xramfan View Post
    Carr got paid and then lost any heart he had. He's a fraud. All his weaknesses that were noted coming out of college still ride him today. The last 12 games he has regressed horribly. His feet and hips were all over the place yesterday. Still making rookie mistakes. He plays scared. Hes mentally weak and a coach killer. The TURD needs to go.
    Be careful with what you're saying. I called Carr a Coach destroyer a few months back and FIB had a melt down, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    Be careful with what you're saying. I called Carr a Coach destroyer a few months back and FIB had a melt down, lol.
    Thanks for the warning lol. I think more and more Carrsaders are coming around after yesterday.

Switch QBs week 1 and the Raiders win.

Switch QBs yesterday and the Raiders win

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBeliever View Post
    So the loss is all on Carr, right?
    Jesus! Again, no one said that but whether you like him or not, the position he plays commands the attention and blame/credit! The fact is, whether we'd had a line or not, had wr or not, had a rb or not.....DC is not a proven winner! Sorry but those are the facts!

well said, well said

Great post

Great QBs can find the open receiver most of the time, average QBs cannot.

How do you find the open receiver? Go through your progressions quickly.

Wait, what if there is no time to do that? Then you need to make time with your feet.

Wait, what if I don't like to run. You don't have to run, but maybe you can do a side step here or there.

Wait, thats not easy to do. Exactly, great QBs have pocket presence while still being able to look down field and buying some time to let their receivers get open.

Bringing in Adams was not the answer for Carr. He doesn't need a #1 receiver, he needs a #1 O-line. He needs an O-line that can give him time to:

1. not worry about pressure
    2. give him time to make sure his receiver is open enough so that he KNOWS he won't throw an interception

If you give Carr this, then Carr can beat anyone.

Wait, Carr is in a new system and it takes time to get used to it. That may be true, but it still doesn't answer why the ball was underthrown or behind receivers when the route was clearly indicated.

Maybe having too much weapons for Carr is not a good thing for him. Carr at this point cannot make use of them. Surely with Waller, Renfrow, Adams, and Hollins, someone must be open or single covered. I think Adams is seeing that Carr is not the Carr he used to know in college. This is a Carr that has been battered in 2016 and is just a shell of himself now. Sure he may have some shining moments from time to time which gives us all hope and gives the Carr crusaders more reason to blindly back him.

Wait look at his statistics, they are far and away better than any Raider before him. It should be, its a passing league now and his stats better be higher than the guys before him. That means Carr is a better QB than Stabler, Plunket and Gannon. I would beg to differ. You can't even hit the QB now without getting some kind of penalty, I don't think Carr would last one season during the 70s and 80s.

Wait, Carr has shown he's tough and he comes back from injury. That is true, you can't take that away from him and I commend him for that, he is tough physically, but mentally is where he falls a bit short. I'm not saying he isn't smart, because he is, but he just can't forget about the time he got hurt and that has affected his game. I mean who could blame him, anyone would be hesitant after the beating he took. But being an great NFL QB takes a different breed of person. You need a short memory and be able to stand in that pocket or elude D-lineman when needed. Andrew Luck knew he didn't have it in him already, he retired early. And that guy was one tough QB.

We all like Carr as a person, he's a great guy, great teammate, great family man, but he's just isn't the same QB he used to be. I was hoping we wouldn't have these conversations this season, but here we are. Last season Carr did great in my opinion. This season, not so much so far.
    Great post. You get it.

Excuses. Excuses.

Those who do not see it are like the second guy who sees an ad for a $99 cruise to Bermuda.

First guy sees the ad, goes to the travel agency. He gives the agent his money. The travel agent uses a hammer to knock the man unconscious, puts him on a rubber air mattress and shoves him out in the ocean towards Bermuda.

Second guy sees the same ad, hands the agent his money and the same thing happens. He is knocked unconscious, put on a little rubber air mattress and shoved out in the ocean towards Bermuda.

The first guy wakes up and sees the second guy floating behind him on an air mattress. “Hey, buddy, do they serve drinks on this cruise?”

Second guy says, “I do not know, but they did not last year.”

Every year with Carr we have the same conversation. We see the same things. We see the same missed opportunities. We see games lost we should have won. We see times when if only he could run, we would put a team away. We see entire halves of football wasted. We see leads squandered. We see mind boggling decisions. We see an offense that spits and sputters just enough to lose, when we should have won with even a halfway consistent performance.

Will Carr finally become the QB we thought he could?

I do not know, but he did not last year. Or the year before. Or the year before that. Or the year before that. Or the year before that. Or the year before that.

I’d try to get a Lamar Jackson in the offseason

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Oh damn, now Carr going challenge him again, to a fight in the octagon, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQqZHHgmVhw Video
    Last edited by RaiderNationPaul68; 09-19-2022 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPaul68 View Post
    Oh damn, now Carr going challenge him again, to a fight in the octagon, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQqZHHgmVhw Video
    That was an old video, lol.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    That was an old video, lol.
    Sure Carr will make a new video this week, with his sleeves rip off, thinking he Hulk Hogan and challenge Steven A to a wrestling match, lol.