Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Enigma that is Derek Carr

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    It is likely he has to approve any trade or can waive this clause.
    Regardless of whether he has a no trade clause or not, the issue is Carr will RETIRE before being traded to another team. The other issue is Davante Adams may not want to stick around if his BFF is no longer a Raider. Yes I know Davante is a Raider fan and there was multiple reasons he wanted to go to the Raiders but a big one was Carr. Am I saying Davante will want to be traded if Carr is longer a Raider? No. I'm just saying I think Davante Adams has a big say in this organization and will make his thoughts be known that he wants to play with Carr as his QB.
    Now do I think the Raiders need to start grooming the QB of out future? Absolutely. And if we are able to grab a possibly great one in next years draft, then we definitely draft a QB in the 1st round. Then you can have that QB sit for a year or two and learn McDaniels offense while Carr hopefully gets a fire lit under his ass. He has never had a QB threaten his starter status..

If we can't land one of the top QBs in the draft next year, then we better go Offensive Tackle and offensive line for our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks to finally solidify this weak ass joke of a line.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Regardless of whether he has a no trade clause or not, the issue is Carr will RETIRE before being traded to another team. The other issue is Davante Adams may not want to stick around if his BFF is no longer a Raider. Yes I know Davante is a Raider fan and there was multiple reasons he wanted to go to the Raiders but a big one was Carr. Am I saying Davante will want to be traded if Carr is longer a Raider? No. I'm just saying I think Davante Adams has a big say in this organization and will make his thoughts be known that he wants to play with Carr as his QB.
    Now do I think the Raiders need to start grooming the QB of out future? Absolutely. And if we are able to grab a possibly great one in next years draft, then we definitely draft a QB in the 1st round. Then you can have that QB sit for a year or two and learn McDaniels offense while Carr hopefully gets a fire lit under his ass. He has never had a QB threaten his starter status..

If we can't land one of the top QBs in the draft next year, then we better go Offensive Tackle and offensive line for our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks to finally solidify this weak ass joke of a line.

If he keeps doing him like he did last week D Adams might help Carr pack his bags and pay for the moving van. Friendship only goes so far when it comes to business.

One of two things will happen

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Raider View Post
    If he keeps doing him like he did last week D Adams might help Carr pack his bags and pay for the moving van. Friendship only goes so far when it comes to business.
    this week.

Carr will have a good game silencing some critics enough to make most fans think we can get back into the AFC West Race.

What some will forget is that our teams under Carr always seem to lose three or four games every year we should win. In a 16 or 17 game schedule teams cannot afford to give away three or four victories they should win. We should have won both games to start the season. Instead, we lost both.

Or

Carr will come up short once more and we are 0-3. More Carr critics will step up. we may win a few in a row to get back in it statistically speaking, but we will miss the playoffs once more even with the best WR in the league.

No matter the outcome this weekend, I am more and more convinced that DEREK CARR IS NOT THE ANSWER.

Quote Originally Posted by xramfan View Post
    straw man
    /ˌstrô ˈman/
    noun
    noun: straw man; plural noun: straw men; noun: strawman; plural noun: strawmen
    an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
    I ASS-HOLE
    Wasting
    The inability to a knowledge any point of view but their own…

I’m not wasting another second on you “ experts”’

Breaking down the Carr positions

Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    I ASS-HOLE
    Wasting
    The inability to a knowledge any point of view but their ownÂ…

I’m not wasting another second on you “ experts”’
    Carr supporters
    He passes for a lot of yards
    He has had a terrible supporting cast at times, offensive line, defense or receivers
    Our defense is to blame
    He is the best QB we have had since Gannon
    Carr is a good guy and teammate
    It is not the fault of Derek Carr that we lose

Carr detractors
    He passes for a lot of yards between the 20s
    He struggles in the red zone
    Statistically, he is elite in terms of passing yards but mediocre in terms of turning passing yards into TDs
    At times in his career, he has had the highest paid offensive line and now has the best receiving corps in the league
    Last year, our defensive performance was top 5 in the last few games, getting us into the playoffs
    Carr lacks pocket awareness and elite instincts and rarely uses his legs to extend plays
    Carr is very inconsistent from quarter to quarter, half to half
    He makes bonehead plays and misses seeing wide open receivers
    Carr is the one constant in our pathetic record over the past several years
    Carr may be the best we have had since Gannon, but he is not good enough to elevate our team to perennial Super Bowl contention
    The QB is the most important position in the league because his play and leadership can make a mediocre team a contender.
    He has had enough time to show us who he is
    Last edited by raiderman41; 09-23-2022 at 03:00 AM.

pretty much says it all

ps now add up how much money the raiders have paid his ass over the yrs vs playoffs and record over his yrs as a raider

this week.

Carr will have a good game silencing some critics enough to make most fans think we can get back into the AFC West Race.

What some will forget is that our teams under Carr always seem to lose three or four games every year we should win. In a 16 or 17 game schedule teams cannot afford to give away three or four victories they should win. We should have won both games to start the season. Instead, we lost both.

Or

Carr will come up short once more and we are 0-3. More Carr critics will step up. we may win a few in a row to get back in it statistically speaking, but we will miss the playoffs once more even with the best WR in the league.

No matter the outcome this weekend, I am more and more convinced that DEREK CARR IS NOT THE ANSWER.
    Not if we're expecting him to be a franchise quarterback in the mold of Josh Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, Rodgers, Brady etc. I think in the right system and with a very stout defense, he could "game manage" us deep into the playoffs. But him "carrying" a team is out of the realm of his talent. I think he's gone after this year.

Carr need to be like Trent Dilfer....go to a team with a great defense; great offensive line and great wide receivors

Definitely cannot pay

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Carr need to be like Trent Dilfer....go to a team with a great defense; great offensive line and great wide receivors
    A game manager, what $35 million per year?

A game manager, what $35 million per year?
    Yeah I know; just kinda comparing Carr to
    another QB…and Dilfer is one that I can think
    of….Trent Dilfer was not a bad QB; he had the
    tools to be QB