Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jessie Bates III

Jessie Bates III

Jessie Bates III has said he won't play under the Bengals Franchise Tag.
    CBS lists the Raiders as a possible trade partner for the safety.

He's gonna cost a lot isn't he? Not exactly a need either.

Bates would be a huge upgrade over Johnathan Abram, but I would rather spend the cap space on Suh and an offensive linemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Bates would be a huge upgrade over Johnathan Abram, but I would rather spend the cap space on Suh and an offensive linemen.
    Same. I have been a huge critic of Abram. With that said, what she said about the old scheme actually made sense. Its a big what if, but what if he turns out to have a decent year. Of course sure would be nice to have Bates and not a what if.

Quote Originally Posted by ILRaidersfan23 View Post
    Same. I have been a huge critic of Abram. With that said, what she said about the old scheme actually made sense. Its a big what if, but what if he turns out to have a decent year. Of course sure would be nice to have Bates and not a what if.
    what did Abram say about the old scheme ?

Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    what did Abram say about the old scheme ?
    Said it was so confusing that he never knew where to be and it made 0 sense. Said this D makes sense to him and he understands it. Not those exact words, but something similar

Quote Originally Posted by ILRaidersfan23 View Post
    Said it was so confusing that he never knew where to be and it made 0 sense. Said this D makes sense to him and he understands it. Not those exact words, but something similar
    Was he just as bad under Guenther and Bradley? 2 different systems, same results.....

Ya, he was still pretty bad. I don't know, I just want to win a damn playoff game!

Abram can't cover anyone, he might get lucky once in a while, but mostly it's a 90% catch rate (probably exaggerating) for the receivers against him. If we can somehow keep him from doing any pass covering he should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    Abram can't cover anyone, he might get lucky once in a while, but mostly it's a 90% catch rate (probably exaggerating) for the receivers against him. If we can somehow keep him from doing any pass covering he should be fine.
    Very odd considering Bradleys D was said to be a pretty easy scheme to understand unlike that waste of time Guenther.. To me it was pretty clear that Bradleys D was pretty straightforward and was one of the reasons we had succesa in his year 1...maybe im wrong but never heard anyone else say anything like Abram states.