Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This TICKS me off and Im tired of it

This TICKS me off and Im tired of it

Why is it that so many times in every year, everyone slams DC? I am now seeing many suggesting this is a must or bust season for DC... Blah blah blah! Some of the foolishness still comes from Raider fans.

I CHECKED IN TO THIS AND IT MUST BE SAID!!

NFL Network just said Dak should be a top 5 this year. Lemar Jackson Or Russel Wilson is this or that. And a true Carr competitor in Mahomes

SO- like in business, numbers never lie...

1) Lemar Jackson- 64.1 Completion %, 2.3 Interception %, 171 Yards per game --vs-- Derek Carr- 65% Completion, 1.9% Interception, 250 yards per game
    WINNER- DC

2) Dak Prescott- 66% Completion %, 1.7 Interception %, 260 yards per game --vs-- Derek Carr- 65% Completion, 1.9% Interception, 250 yards per game
    WINNER- DAK nearly identical for a guy rated a top 5 QB

3). Russell Wilson- 65% Completion %, 1.8 Interception %, 234 Yards per game --vs-- Derek Carr- 65% Completion, 1.9% Interception, 250 yards per game

TIE- Same Completion %, 1/10% Interception % for Wilson, and more yards per game for Carr

4). Patrick Mahomes- 66% completion %, 1.6% Interception %, and 301 Yards per game -- vs-- Carr. 65% Completion, 1.9% Interception, 250 yards per game. WINNER Mahomes- He is a great player and in my opinion the top 3rd QB behind Rodgers and Brady- not sure what Carr's numbers would have been like if he played on a KC team, but Mahomes does deserve the praise.

I guess my frustration has more to do with why so many slam Carr year after year after year since he has been in the league and with a below average defense and no name receivers, he has managed to keep his stats as competitive to others with solid teams, high praises, yet similar stats at best.

I have been a Carr supporter for years, but he does make poor decisions in critical situations. I think with the new offensive minded genius coach and some of the best receivers many feel its time to win. I think his current contract reflects this mindset.

I have watch Carr make great plays over the years,
    And I have seen make bonehead plays that have
    costs us the game….

Carr a good QB; and that all he is….

I don't think Carr ever had a top QB coach. I'm expecting McDaniels to improve Carr.

Personally i think derek carr is a top 10 qb in the league but lamar,dak and russell should be ahead of him

Carr is what he is, a QB that is 10-12 in the league. He maybe could get to a high of 8 but not any higher IMO. Dak is overrated as fuck and has had a great team around him from day 1. The only reason he gets consistently ranked as high as he does is because he plays for the Cowboys. Swap him and Carr and I think Carr does the same if not better with those Cowboy teams and we would be in the same spot with Dak

Carr can make any play any other QB can make, he has intelligence, arm, and accuracy. Carr can and usually does play at a top 5-10 QB level. He however has 2 big issues that he needs to fix.

#1 Ball retention, dude fumbles way too much. All QBs fumble more than other players for obvious reasons but Carr doesn't help himself. He needs to learn when to accept what he has, and as far as I am concerned he should never again reach out with the ball to gain extra yards unless it is out the sideline lol.

#2 Recovery from hits. The key to stopping ANY QB in the NFL is pressure. You disrupt their safe space and they tend to play worse, there are few exceptions to this rule, so saying Carr plays bad under pressure is low hanging fruit. The Key is his recovery after being hit or sacked. Once he gets pressure he starts seeing ghosts and hearing footsteps, he gets too touchy about pressure and starts to make big mistakes. Having weapons around him should help him get out of this, before he broke his back he did not have this problem so it is understandable, but thems the risks if ya wanna be an NFL QB.

Despite what forum raiders fans believe, Carr has never played at a level that has had him worried about losing his job. He needs Ws, he has the other stats but the only one that truly matters is Ws. There will be less excuses this season is he doesn't win more games but unless he has a catastrophic set back he is in no danger of losing his job.

He's cleaned up his bone-headed passes some recently but I can't put too much blame on him. Imagine if at your job the owner of the company replaced your boss every couple of years due to incompetence, and that in turn kept potential great employees away from joining the team. If we would've finished with less than 7 games won last year Carr would've probably wanted out.

In Carr defense….he never had a defense
    behind him that really played good….

Bradley defense was the best he ever had
    since he been with the raiders and it got
    us to the playoffs….

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    I have been a Carr supporter for years, but he does make poor decisions in critical situations. I think with the new offensive minded genius coach and some of the best receivers many feel its time to win. I think his current contract reflects this mindset.
    4th down when the game is on the line his decision making has been horrible plus I don't understand why he won't run it more dudes not slow and can get us yds or buy time for the wrs/tes or even rbs