Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raiders make NFL history, hire first Black woman as team president

Raiders make NFL history, hire first Black woman as team president

Former Nevada Gaming Control Board chairwoman Sandra Douglass Morgan will be named the Raiders’ new president Thursday, making her the first Black woman to assume such a role in the NFL.
    Morgan’s hiring was announced to Raiders employees via a letter obtained by the Review-Journal.
    “I am thrilled to join you as we embark on one of the most exciting times in the history of our organization,” Morgan said in the letter. “I look forward to meeting each of you in person over the coming weeks.”

Read more: https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...ident-2604056/
    Follow me on Twitter: BobCarrNFL
    Follow me on Instagram: BobCarrNFL

Wow; the raiders really go and make major changes

Hope it work out

Hiring the Nevada Gaming Control Board chairwoman hopefully means the Raiders won't have
    any more financial irregularities.

Great strategic hire by mark (woman/minority)

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    Great strategic hire by mark (woman/minority)
    Agreed. Maybe she will be great at this position and hopefully so. But it is a strategic hire. Getting in front of things. Heading things off at the pass, however you want to describe it.

Mark knows there are some owners, and the commissioner himself that would like to be rid of the Davis family once and for all and would like to have a reason to force him to sell. I feel some of the negative news lately is pretty much about that. Corporations like the NFL like to use flavor of the month, hot button stuff to steer "news" through the media to achieve what they want, get rid of folks they dont want. They absolutely did it with Gruden and it worked as intended. Mark is not as dumb as he looks.

this woman seems pretty damn smart and she has big connections in vegas. i'm all for it!

Me too. And she's pretty to boot. Win-Win

Beautiful,smart,well connected,minority and black ...go ahead n.f.l try making a move now !!!

Her resume is off the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Her resume is off the charts.
    Yea. Her resume is very good and appears to be extremely qualified. Thats all that matters