Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PPF got the Raiders rank at number 21

PPF got the Raiders rank at number 21

21. LAS VEGAS RAIDERS
    Biggest strength: The Davante Adams addition gives the Raiders' passing attack the receiver that it was really missing. Derek Carr ranked first in PFF passing grade on throws between the numbers in 2021 as compared to 22nd on throws outside the numbers, but now he has one of the truly elite route runners in the league who can win consistently on the outside at his disposal. Add in Hunter Renfrow and Darren Waller, and Las Vegas' passing game has the potential to be explosive in 2022.

Biggest weakness: The counterargument to the explosive passing game argument above is that the Raiders didn't do much to improve Carr's pass protection this offseason. The right side of Las Vegas' offensive line allowed more pressures than any other right guard and tackle duo in the NFL in 2021 (124), and there's a chance that the Raiders run things back with Alex Leatherwood and Brandon Parker in those spots this season.

X factor for 2022: The Raiders' secondary stands out as one of the weaker positional groups of this roster, but there also are several younger players who could outperform expectations. Fourth-year cornerback Trayvon Mullen Jr. falls under that category. Mullen missed the majority of last season with a right foot injury, but he had a 73.9 PFF coverage grade in the first three games of the season after ranking seventh among cornerbacks with 11 pass breakups in 2020. There's at least some reason for optimism heading into this season.

2022 Raiders
    OFFENSE DEFENSE
    QB Derek Carr DI Bilal Nichols (61.3)
    RB Josh Jacobs (79.5) DI Johnathan Hankins (46.7)
    WR Davante Adams (92.7) Edge Maxx Crosby (91.7)
    WR Hunter Renfrow (79.8) Edge Chandler Jones (66.9)
    WR Demarcus Robinson (51.9) LB Denzel Perryman (63.9)
    TE Darren Waller (69.7) LB Jayon Brown (53.0)
    TE Foster Moreau (56.4) LB Divine Deablo (60.8)
    LT Kolton Miller (85.0) CB Trayvon Mullen Jr. (55.3*)
    LG Denzelle Good (56.7*) CB Rock Ya-Sin (69.9)
    C Andre James (64.8) CB Nate Hobbs (79.4)
    RG Dylan Parham (78.8**) S Tre'von Moehrig (71.0)
    RT Alex Leatherwood (45.5) S Duron Harmon (58.3)

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-roster-...tarting-lineup

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Until the Raiders can prove themselves, their always going be ranked to finish poorly, because of their history, over the past 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPaul68 View Post
    Until the Raiders can prove themselves, their always going be ranked to finish poorly, because of their history, over the past 20 years.
    Yeah but you got to agree; our offensive
    line is pretty bad….McDaniel has got a lot
    of work to do….

We all have been bitching about the right side of the oline. We really have no clue how all these changes will pan out, but its going to be fun finding out.

Let's see, how did the Raiders do last season? 10-7-0, 2nd in AFC West Division after all the distractions with Ruggs and Gruden.
    The Raiders travelled to the east coast for an early, cold weather game against the Bengals and took the game to the end of the 4th. The Bengals later went to the Super Bowl.
    I think the Raiders proved something last year.

Did the team improve? Do we have better coaches and a better GM? Did we add better players? I guess PFF thinks we didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    pff = raider haters
    PFF, PFT, CBS, ESPN, NBC, and many more.

Quote Originally Posted by johnkr View Post
    pff, pft, cbs, espn, nbc, and many more.
    i follow many of their members and watch some of their pff youtube videos, most of em call the raiders a joke,make fun of derek carr routinely and even when we made the playoffs last yr we were still a joke to em

I think it was Raid the Tape that said Graham's defense reminds him of Guenther's defense. Last year's defense was simplified which allowed them to play fast, I hope we don't go back to our secondary looking at each other with their hands in the air asking what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    I think it was Raid the Tape that said Graham's defense reminds him of Guenther's defense. Last year's defense was simplified which allowed them to play fast, I hope we don't go back to our secondary looking at each other with their hands in the air asking what happened.
    That's my thought going into the season until I see otherwise. The defense has Crosby and Jones who could make a difference in any system but after that a lot of unproven players.