Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: demarcus could be on the bubble as our wr3

demarcus could be on the bubble as our wr3

DEMARCUS ROBINSON
    WR, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS
    Robinson
    The Athletic's Tashan Reed and Vic Tafur wrote that WR Demarcus Robinson could be as low as fifth on the Raiders' wide receiver depth chart.
    Davante Adams and Hunter Renfrow are locked into two of the Raiders' starting wide receiver roles, but the final starting role in three wide receiver sets has been a true unknown. Robinson signed a one-year contract with the Raiders in free agency, but they also brought in Mack Hollins and Keelan Cole on one-year deals. Hollins actually got the most money, $2 million, with Robinson getting the least, $1.19 million. The Raiders' third wide receiver spot could have some value, particularly if used as a deep threat as was the case under the previous coaching staff. For now, it looks like Robinson could be the odd man out.

ps persosnally i would cut em all to go after obj,will fuller or even julio jones

Right now, I think they keep Adams, Renfrow, Hollins, Cole, and Robinson. Things could change if any of the other receivers show something in the preseason.
    I would not count out signing another receiver, or grabbing one that is waved by another team before the season.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    DEMARCUS ROBINSON
    WR, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS
    Robinson
    The Athletic's Tashan Reed and Vic Tafur wrote that WR Demarcus Robinson could be as low as fifth on the Raiders' wide receiver depth chart.
    Davante Adams and Hunter Renfrow are locked into two of the Raiders' starting wide receiver roles, but the final starting role in three wide receiver sets has been a true unknown. Robinson signed a one-year contract with the Raiders in free agency, but they also brought in Mack Hollins and Keelan Cole on one-year deals. Hollins actually got the most money, $2 million, with Robinson getting the least, $1.19 million. The Raiders' third wide receiver spot could have some value, particularly if used as a deep threat as was the case under the previous coaching staff. For now, it looks like Robinson could be the odd man out.

ps persosnally i would cut em all to go after obj,will fuller or even julio jones
    Last I heard OBJ wouldn't be available until maybe November. Will Fuller shouldn't be too pricey. We really need a speedster at the #2 WR spot to help open things up underneath. He has health problems but he doesn't need to be the focus of the offense.

Julio Jones is still out there. He was banged up last year, but could you imagine if he was healthy and had something left how he would do as a #3 receiver?

I wouldn't worry too much about the WR3 role. With Waller on the roster, he can easily fill that role and given McDaniels love of double TE sets or even dual RB sets....we have comp for the spot and I'm confident with what we got and can move around. Whether it's Robinson, Hollins or Cole....I think they will be fine.

Will fuller gives us speed mismmatches
    julio gives us size mismatches vs cb2 or safties

tough on secondaries whom have to double adams putting renfrow/waller and our wr2 or 3 in single coverage

obj is a complete wr2 that can win as a route guy or field stretch guy

IMO, help on both lines is a much higher priority compared to a receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    Will fuller gives us speed mismmatches
    julio gives us size mismatches vs cb2 or safties

tough on secondaries whom have to double adams putting renfrow/waller and our wr2 or 3 in single coverage

obj is a complete wr2 that can win as a route guy or field stretch guy
    forget about Julio Jones; the last two season he had been dealing with injurie ....cannot understand why the raiders traded Edward as he would have been great as the number 3 wr with the raiders....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    forget about Julio Jones; the last two season he had been dealing with injurie ....cannot understand why the raiders traded Edward as he would have been great as the number 3 wr with the raiders....
    Id rather kept Edwards too. Never thought much about Demarcus Robinson when he was with the Chiefs. Cant say I saw much of him. I just know Chiefs fans thought he sucked and wanted him gone. They hoped he could be a reliable #3 option that would get the easy targets/matchups behind Hill and Kelce but better options emerged and he got buried on the depth chart. I wont be surprised if he doesnt make the team.

Quote Originally Posted by 76Raider View Post
    Id rather kept Edwards too. Never thought much about Demarcus Robinson when he was with the Chiefs. Cant say I saw much of him. I just know Chiefs fans thought he sucked and wanted him gone. They hoped he could be a reliable #3 option that would get the easy targets/matchups behind Hill and Kelce but better options emerged and he got buried on the depth chart. I wont be surprised if he doesnt make the team.
    Yeah there was a guy here on forum that use to rave about him; he was name psly something...and he was saying that Edward was better than Ruggs; thought Edwards was showing major improvement last year and this would be his year that he would stand out....