Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin King CB Rumor Raiders

Get him signed right now...

im good with this if it happens kevin king has upside

Would be a solid signing, adding depth to position we need to get deeper at.

Right now, we got Mullen, Sin, Hobbs, Averett, Phillps, and Robertson are probably the top 6. Knock on wood, but given Mullen, our depth will be tested.

Not sure what money is he looking for. 5 million with the Packers a year ago, coming off his rookie deal. Given his injury history, I would imagine is the reason why he's still out there, he's looking for multi year guarantees, but teams just won't do that for his track record. Don't get me wrong, the measurables are there, but getting him on the field in the right mind is another. Seemed he had a disastrous start to the 2021 season leading to his benching. That said, I would max out on incentives at 6 million, 4 million base(fully guaranteed), 100K per game he is on the game day roster. If he is active for 15 games, I would guarantee him a 3 million dollar roster bonus for the 2023 season, plus 4 million in base salary.

I was hoping the extra cap space would address the right tackle and defensive line positions, then if anything left work on DB and LB.

xavier rodes,joe haden are also available

suh,ogunjobe dt
    williams rt
    xavier roades,joe haden,kenny king cb

add these 3 position in free agency and we got a super bowl calibre type team

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    I was hoping the extra cap space would address the right tackle and defensive line positions, then if anything left work on DB and LB.
    I agree. I don't feel comfortable facing Bosa and Mack in week 1.
    Also, I think opponents will attempt to push the Raiders defensive line in the middle to create a pocket for their QB to step up and
    avoid Crosby and Jones. Suh can prevent that from happening and stop the run.

Should we add to the secondary and make the opposing QB take more time to find and open receiver, or add to the line and give the QB less time.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Also, I think opponents will attempt to push the Raiders defensive line in the middle to create a pocket for their QB to step up and

Should we add to the secondary and make the opposing QB take more time to find and open receiver, or add to the line and give the QB less time.
    we have enough cap space to get 2 or 3 things fortified

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post

For me, I would rather add to the DT position. Putting more pressure on the opposing QB makes it much easier for any secondary. Even the best secondary cannot cover a good receiver for a long time.