Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: stay far awar from josh jacobs in ff

  1. #1

    stay far awar from josh jacobs in ff

    Josh Jacobs RB, Las Vegas Raiders
    Jacobs
    The Athletic's Vic Tafur believes a bell cow role for Josh Jacobs is "unlikely" in 2022.

    Tafur went as far as to suggest new head coach Josh McDaniels believes rookie Zamir White is already a superior option to Jacobs and Kenyan Drake. Both Raiders veteran backs will likely be gone after the 2022 season, Tafur said, and the team doesn't see Jacobs as an every-down back in part because he's struggled through a litany of injuries during his three years in the NFL and has shown no explosion as a runner. Former Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew, now an NFL Network analyst, said White fits well with McDaniels' no-frills running scheme. The Raiders are "not that creative a running team, they don’t create explosive plays in the running game — they’re like downhill, A-gap, a little power, they’re not a zone-stretch team," Jones-Drew said. "And if you watch his tape, that’s what [White] is. That’s what he does well.” Drake and former Patriots RB Brandon Bolden, meanwhile, could share pass-catching duties in what could be a maddening backfield for fantasy purposes.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Poconos, PA
    Posts
    6,855
    McDaniels likes to use a running backs by committee approach with lots of rotation. There are rumors of a Jacobs trade before the season begins.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    McDaniels likes to use a running backs by committee approach with lots of rotation. There are rumors of a Jacobs trade before the season begins.
    I can see that happening, we drafted zamir white as his replacement and that kid is perfect as 2 down back with drake and bolden as the receiving back

  4. #4
    Running backs are disposable. Jacobs time is running out.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Running backs are disposable. Jacobs time is running out.
    100%. Unless its a back like McCaffrey who also goes out wide and/or catches a ton of balls out of the backfield, RBs are a dime a dozen and can be found in the lager rounds. 1st round picks on backs are dumb picks IMO. The worst thing to happen to Jacobs was Gruden leaving...he'd get a 2nd, probably largish, contract for sure

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    3,085
    Drake and Jacob would clear up a lot of salary cap issue in 2023 if they are not retained

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    3,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    100%. Unless its a back like McCaffrey who also goes out wide and/or catches a ton of balls out of the backfield, RBs are a dime a dozen and can be found in the lager rounds. 1st round picks on backs are dumb picks IMO. The worst thing to happen to Jacobs was Gruden leaving...he'd get a 2nd, probably largish, contract for sure
    Gruden would have gave Jacob a 7 year 140 million dollar contract if he still in charge....

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    100%. Unless its a back like McCaffrey who also goes out wide and/or catches a ton of balls out of the backfield, RBs are a dime a dozen and can be found in the lager rounds. 1st round picks on backs are dumb picks IMO. The worst thing to happen to Jacobs was Gruden leaving...he'd get a 2nd, probably largish, contract for sure
    Yeah, dynamic backs like Henry and McCaffrey would be keepers, but those kind of backs are rare. New England goes through them like shit through a goose.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Gruden would have gave Jacob a 7 year 140 million dollar contract if he still in charge....
    you mean mayock whom was the one running to gruden on josh jacobs after watching tape on the kid, same for abrams

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Yeah, dynamic backs like Henry and McCaffrey would be keepers, but those kind of backs are rare. New England goes through them like shit through a goose.
    has to be a rare talent at the position in order to justify the high pick,love zamir for us kids perfect for what we do and he is chap for the next 4 yrs and has upside

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •