Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glad the Raiders Stayed Clear of Watson

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    100% guaranteed contract.
    That still blows my mind. Why invest so much in someone that still can be suspended at some point...
    Follow me on Twitter: BobCarrNFL
    Follow me on Instagram: BobCarrNFL

Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    That still blows my mind. Why invest so much in someone that still can be suspended at some point...
    that's called desperate to win now ...bad mistake

The thing is that Browns still have Baker
    Mayfield on their roster; so if Watson get
    suspended for a year….then the Brown still
    have decent QB on their roster to take over…

At the end of the day; Watson is one of the
    best QB,s in the NFL; and it really going to
    Hurt the NFL if he is suspended; I think he will
    get a 6 game suspension…

Poor Cleveland has to put 184 million is escrow because of the guaranteed money.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    The thing is that Browns still have Baker
    Mayfield on their roster; so if Watson get
    suspended for a year….then the Brown still
    have decent QB on their roster to take over…

At the end of the day; Watson is one of the
    best QB,s in the NFL; and it really going to
    Hurt the NFL if he is suspended; I think he will
    get a 6 game suspension…
    Mayfield and the Browns mutually agreed that he would not attend Mandatory Mini Camp.

I think the boat for Mayfield as a Brown backup, sailed away the day Watson rumors went public.

The Washington Post is reporting Watson will “probably” get a one-year suspension.

Deshaun Watson QB, Cleveland Browns
    Watson
    The Washington Post's Mark Maske reports the NFL "will argue that Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson should receive a 'significant' suspension for violating the league’s personal conduct policy."

Maske added that a person on Watson’s side of the case said the league will "probably" seek a full-season suspension. A source of Maske's from the NFL side of this issue cautioned him on guessing the exact length of a suspension. The count of women filing suits against Watson is now at 24 with another pair of suits potentially on the way. The increasing number is adding further stress on the league to take serious action against the quarterback. Maske also noted that the league wants to have the disciplinary process and resulting appeals completed by the start of training camp. For the Browns, that date is July 27th.

Seen a few different reports on this and it sounds like a year at minimum, longer depending on how long it takes to resolve the cases. Crazy thing is Watson could have resolved 18-20 of them with the $100,000 settlement offer last year which supposedly he wasnt really for anyway as he believed settling made him appear guilty, but his lawyers got him to agree to it, but when they couldnt get 100% of the plaintiffs to agree he pulled the plug on the offer. I bet if he could do it over he would take it in a heartbeat. Sure would look a lot better with only 2-3 cases left to deal with. But yeah the NFL has to suspend him even if they dont personally give a crap about any of it.

And the dumbass Browns. Watson didnt even want to go there and quickly eliminated them, but they had egg on their face after trashing Mayfield and being the only team Watson had eliminated so they came back with a blank check.

Just glad its not the Raiders. As far as the allegations I think a few of them feel they were violated and probably were. The rest are just there for the payday. Watson should understand thats how the game's played as thats the only reason hes in Cleveland.