Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who won the Amari Cooper trade?

Who won the Amari Cooper trade?

Since the trade was made with Dallas, many have given their opinions and thoughts on who won the Amari Cooper trade. Many were proclaiming the winners and losers, without seeing how Cooper would fit with Dallas, and what the Raiders were able to get in return.

Cooper was traded to Dallas for a first round pick in Oct of 2018. This first round pick brought back Johnathon Abram. Say what you want about Abram, but prior to the injury in Cleveland, Abram led the entire NFL for tackles by a DB. Simply put, Abram was used properly this year and was a damn good safety!

Cooper meanwhile, was eating up 22 million dollars in cap space for the Cowboys, (highest cap number in the NFL for all WR's) and producing an 865 yard receiving season. And Jerry Jones is not happy!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-amari-cooper/

Again, say what you want about Abram, but the real value is what the Raiders did with the 22 million that they saved in trading Cooper.

I think this is a real lesson to everyone, that it sometimes takes some time to figure out who won a trade or whether a player is going to be good or not. In this case, it took three years to figure out.

And if you read between the lines in the above posted article about Jerry Jones being frustrated with Amari Cooper, sounds like Cooper may have played his last down in Dallas.

Dak's new contract kicks in next year and money will start to be tight with the Cowboys moving forward.

So who won the Amari Cooper trade? I don't think there is any question it was the Raiders!

Go Raiders!

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    Since the trade was made with Dallas, many have given their opinions and thoughts on who won the Amari Cooper trade. Many were proclaiming the winners and losers, without seeing how Cooper would fit with Dallas, and what the Raiders were able to get in return.

Cooper was traded to Dallas for a first round pick in Oct of 2018. This first round pick brought back Johnathon Abram. Say what you want about Abram, but prior to the injury in Cleveland, Abram led the entire NFL for tackles by a DB. Simply put, Abram was used properly this year and was a damn good safety!

Cooper meanwhile, was eating up 22 million dollars in cap space for the Cowboys, (highest cap number in the NFL for all WR's) and producing an 865 yard receiving season. And Jerry Jones is not happy!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-amari-cooper/

Again, say what you want about Abram, but the real value is what the Raiders did with the 22 million that they saved in trading Cooper.

I think this is a real lesson to everyone, that it sometimes takes some time to figure out who won a trade or whether a player is going to be good or not. In this case, it took three years to figure out.

And if you read between the lines in the above posted article about Jerry Jones being frustrated with Amari Cooper, sounds like Cooper may have played his last down in Dallas.

Dak's new contract kicks in next year and money will start to be tight with the Cowboys moving forward.

So who won the Amari Cooper trade? I don't think there is any question it was the Raiders!

Go Raiders!
    This is what you would have said regardless. Cooper isnít great. Abrams was better this year, but once again hurt himself. Heís a total liability in coverage and often out of position. I think Iíd call it a push as it stands now. Dallas overcompensated to get Cooper, and the Raiders didnít use the pick to get a sure fire pro bowl player either

Dallas won.

both lost, dallas gave up a 1st rd pick and ended making amari cooper the richest wr in history

we drafted another karl joseph in the 1st rd whom is a total liability in coverage ... bust !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    both lost, dallas gave up a 1st rd pick and ended making amari cooper the richest wr in history

we drafted another karl joseph in the 1st rd whom is a total liability in coverage ... bust !!!
    Yea. Its a wash for both sides. Cooper hasn't been overly productive except a couple games here and there and Abram is terrible. What did KC go against him? 9 of 9 for 2 touchdowns in the first game and 7 of 7 in the second game? He's a piss poor safety and hopefully won't get a 2nd contract

More players were either re-signed or signed in FA with the 22 million dollar savings from Cooper. This part must be factored in and I think is being missed here.

For example, 13 million (avg salary) of that 22 saved from Cooper that it took to sign Yannick this year, would not have been possible.

Trading Cooper allowed the Raiders to get more players than just Abram. And the leading tackler in the NFL for all DB's is the furthest thing from a bust.

Go Raiders!

More players were either re-signed or signed in FA with the 22 million dollar savings from Cooper. This part must be factored in and I think is being missed here.

For example, 13 million (avg salary) of that 22 saved from Cooper that it took to sign Yannick this year, would not have been possible.

Trading Cooper allowed the Raiders to get more players than just Abram. And the leading tackler in the NFL for all DB's is the furthest thing from a bust.

Go Raiders!
    you cannot count cooper 22 million yr deal, when we traded him off he was not making that amount, that came later once he contract was up

you cannot count cooper 22 million yr deal, when we traded him off he was not making that amount, that came later once he contract was up
    Sure you can. It was one of the reasons Cooper was traded in the first place. The Raiders knew what type of contract he was seeking. To save 100 million and get a first round pick back was actually an easy trade to make.

Go Raiders!

Sure you can. It was one of the reasons Cooper was traded in the first place. The Raiders knew what type of contract he was seeking. To save 100 million and get a first round pick back was actually an easy trade to make.

Go Raiders!
    nobody is questioning the reason we made the trade, its purely abrams vs cooper plus yr 1 savings and draft capitol if its on that then dallas won the trade easily cause abrams didn't even play yr 1 for us vs cooper whom had a damn good yr 1
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 01-22-2022 at 11:31 AM.

nobody is questioning the reason we made the trade, its purely abrams vs cooper plus yr 1 savings and draft capitol if its on that then dallas won the trade easily cause abrams didn't even play yr 1 for us vs cooper whom had a damn good yr 1
    Agree to disagree.

Go Raiders!