Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Josh McDaniels to be Raiders HC heating upů

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Has anyone from the Belichick coaching tree ever succeeded as an NFL head coach? I remember a lot of failures.
    mike vrabel is from beli coaching tree (titans), brian flores too but was recently fired and about to get another job because Miami is stupid

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    First time in Denver he was just a young
    kid; he has now grown and think he do a
    pretty good job if was HCůlook at Pete Carroll
    and Belichekůfirst time round not too good but
    then second time and they were betterů
    First off i dont want McDaniels because a) i dont trust him and b) hes a bitch
    BUT in Denver, Chris Simms stated today on their show, that Denver had serious cash flow problems when McDaniels was the coach. He wasnt able to go out and get any FAs as the money was so limited that Simms said he had to wait til the season started and they had their first home game, as ownership needed the money from stadium revenue / concessions to pay him his signing bonus. So Simms saw this first hand when McDaniels was HC. He stated that McDaniels was told when he was hired that he had plenty of money to go out and build the team in his image. Well once he was hired, and McDaniels went to GM offices, he was first informed that they didnt have any money to make any moves. By that time, McDaniels was already the HC, as his contract had been signed, so he was stuck, trying to make the best of a bad situation.... so to judge McDaniels off of his stint at Denver is unfair. Plus im sure he has learned a lot since that experience...
    But still, I dont want McDaniels. Maybe as an OC, (which will never happen) but thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    mike vrabel is from beli coaching tree (titans), brian flores too but was recently fired and about to get another job because Miami is stupid
    Vrabel never coached under Belichick...his coaching career started at OSU and then went to the Texans. He only played under Bill and has even stated that he wouldn't be as successful if Bill was his coworker/boss and not his coach. Flores is the only Bill disciple to have any type of success. All the others have flamed out and have been terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    Vrabel never coached under Belichick...his coaching career started at OSU and then went to the Texans. He only played under Bill and has even stated that he wouldn't be as successful if Bill was his coworker/boss and not his coach. Flores is the only Bill disciple to have any type of success. All the others have flamed out and have been terrible.

damn i thought he coached at NE too but you are right.

i never said vrabel coached under bill, I considered bills influence on mike vrabels coaching style and defensive scheming, there is no way mike vrabel playing under bill for so many years and not getting influenced by him

https://www.espn.com/blog/boston/new...icks-influence

ps he was also hired by bill obrien another bill belichick desciple and that texans staff was chock full of ex patriots too,hell even when mike vrabel got traded to kc it was to a another ex patriot guy in scott pioli
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 01-21-2022 at 11:29 PM.

Man, I hope not. Fuck that guy.