1 5.00%
  • Trade for QB

7 35.00%
  • Draft a QB

2 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raiders QB options in 2022

Raiders QB options in 2022

Here a voting poll on what the Raiders should do about their QB options….
    Last edited by SuperRaider; 01-18-2022 at 05:09 AM.

Of those 4 choices, you chose start Mariota?.... I hate to criticize an opinion but damn.... Mariota is awful, he isn't any better than Pryor just slower. A full season of Mariota starting would be like being water boarded. Thankfully there isn't a team in the league, including the raiders who would put him as starter so im not worried this will happen any more than I was worried that any other garbage back up QB people have screamed for to start will start. An undrafted free agent would have a higher ceiling than him. I have to wonder if the people vying for Mariota to start as QB or for Rich to remain HC have even watched either of them in action.

I picked stick with Carr because the other options at this time dont really seem like options and not because I dont believe it is time to move on form Carr. There are no prospect QBs that will be available at 22 that I am aware of, admittedly I do not pay much attention to College football so I am also most interested in this possibility, I would love it if there was and if there was it would definitely be my first choice. There are no FA or trade prospects out there either, I know Rodgers was talked about and it may have been a possibility before the season but after this season he has had? No fucking chance the Raiders land him. And I am not sure why people keep acting like #1 Watson is an option and #2 Watson is good so that's out of contention for me as well.

You may hate Carr, he may personally offend you for some reason but statistically he will be very difficult to replace. Carr has one major flaw and that is he doesn't recover from being flattened as well as an elite QB would... that's really it. Statistically he has been far above average. I believe the Raiders should look for better options for the future because I do not believe Carr will ever get out of this mentality on this team at least, but in the mean time he is serviceable, has another year on his contract and with the right weapons he can absolutely keep us in contention.

If the Raiders go with Mariota as their starting QB, the next poll should be on how many games he plays before being knocked out with an injury.

Those who pick trade or draft should post who they will trade for, or draft.

If they traded Carr for draft capitol, they could move up and grab someone like Kenny Pickett. Trading Carr would open lots of choices. Too many variables

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    If they traded Carr for draft capitol, they could move up and grab someone like Kenny Pickett. Trading Carr would open lots of choices. Too many variables
    this is exactly right, you get a kings bounty for derek carr and then use some of it to get another qb

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Those who pick trade or draft should post who they will trade for, or draft.
    I would trade for Deshaun Watson and am willing to do Carr + picks (not sure how many would it take to get him). All this is after ascertaining that the NFL wouldn't come in and suspend him.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_ghost View Post
    I would trade for Deshaun Watson and am willing to do Carr + picks (not sure how many would it take to get him). All this is after ascertaining that the NFL wouldn't come in and suspend him.
    Personally I would not bring a dude in that clearly has issues with touching women... to Vegas. Kid in a candy store. Not to mention how bad it would set us back in compensation. To much of a wild card for me. Getting rid of bad character guys to only pick up a bad character guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ILRaidersfan23 View Post
    Personally I would not bring a dude in that clearly has issues with touching women... to Vegas. Kid in a candy store. Not to mention how bad it would set us back in compensation. To much of a wild card for me. Getting rid of bad character guys to only pick up a bad character guy.
    i would do a deal derek carr for deshaun watson and throw in a 1st too boot but only if he gets his house in order plus the league ok's no suspension, watson is a clear upgrade and is still a youngster his contract isn't that bad cause the texan are on the hook for maasive cap hit from the bonus's

ps he paid women to touch him but wanted better touching
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 01-18-2022 at 12:31 PM.

deshaun watson,aaron rodgers,russell wilson and i would even go as far as kirk cousins whom has been better then derek carr on tds and turnovers