Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Derek Carr Stats

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Also ONLY if you can ink him for under 30mil a year. More like 25mil is fair. Give him a 2 year extension and if he doesnt bring us far into playoffs next year with the true #1 WR and a real solid RT and RG, then you trade him and move on.. make the contract easy for you to trade him if there isnt a huge improvement in Red Zone production, minimalizing fumbles / turnovers...
    I can't see Carr going for this. Better for him to go into free agency and get a brand new 5 year deal than to sign a 2 year extension for $25M-30M per year.

Quote Originally Posted by ILRaidersfan23 View Post
    This doesn't have to be the year he is gone. Hold a year, upgrade around him and if he still can get it after that, let him go. Unless someone is giving us over trade value now, I don't think we need to get rid of him. I am not sold in him as our savior, but he can manage if we build around him. Regardless, I am a Raiders fan and always will be. I haven't agreed with most shit they do, won't stop me from being a fan for life.
    If you let him play out his final year, it's going to be hard to keep him if they'd want to. He's going to be extremely expensive at that point and a free agent unless they franchise tag him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidermackin View Post
    I can't see Carr going for this. Better for him to go into free agency and get a brand new 5 year deal than to sign a 2 year extension for $25M-30M per year.
    better for the raiders to trade him after this season and making the playoffs his value will never be higher and best of all is its a sellers market this yr with the draft qbs being so weak, we probably get 2 1st and a 3rd for him because he is a top 12 qb with playoff experience and there are so many needy teams in the league

derek carrs agent would be a laughing stock if he took a 2 yr deal just so the raiders could get his successor, raiders are much better off selling him in a hot sellers market where we probably get a bidding war for him

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    derek carrs agent would be a laughing stock if he took a 2 yr deal just so the raiders could get his successor, raiders are much better off selling him in a hot sellers market where we probably get a bidding war for him
    Yup

Never seen a QB in his prime and considered above average or top 20 or whatever it is and only going for a 2 year undervalued deal, just so he can help out a billionaire save some money.

No point in hiring an agent. Might as well hire Richard Sherman.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    you are talking about 60 million dollars or more on the payroll if they come...
    Be ok with that, dude just threw for 37 touchdowns and 4 interceptions and makes plays happen and the other guy is derek Carr lol. Can't say GB's defense is carrying that team either

Would fix our redzone offense as well

Red Zone Passing Stats

Inside 20 Inside 10
    Player Tm Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Link
    Aaron Rodgers GNB 63 110 57.27 352 28 2 29 51 56.86 115 19 1 All Aaron Rodgers red zone passing plays
    Derek Carr LVR 43 76 56.58 256 17 2 18 35 51.43 73 12 2 All Derek Carr red zone passing plays
    Last edited by illusin; 01-18-2022 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    better for the raiders to trade him after this season and making the playoffs his value will never be higher and best of all is its a sellers market this yr with the draft qbs being so weak, we probably get 2 1st and a 3rd for him because he is a top 12 qb with playoff experience and there are so many needy teams in the league
    If we're going to trade Carr, now is the time. If we extend him and pay him BIG money because we definitely don't want to sign him when he has a lot more leverage, we handicap this team with his cap hit. We can't surround him with an elite OL, WR and defense.

Right now, Carr is likely at the top of his value. Indy would likely give up a king's ransom for Carr. I could see them giving up Darius Leonard, a second this year, and a first next year for Carr. I would take that deal. Leonard would immediately make our defense a lot better.

Other teams would be in the running, too. I could see the Saints jumping on Carr. The Giants, too.

I would listen. And I'd likely trade Carr now, depending on the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    If we're going to trade Carr, now is the time. If we extend him and pay him BIG money because we definitely don't want to sign him when he has a lot more leverage, we handicap this team with his cap hit. We can't surround him with an elite OL, WR and defense.

Right now, Carr is likely at the top of his value. Indy would likely give up a king's ransom for Carr. I could see them giving up Darius Leonard, a second this year, and a first next year for Carr. I would take that deal. Leonard would immediately make our defense a lot better.

Other teams would be in the running, too. I could see the Saints jumping on Carr. The Giants, too.

I would listen. And I'd likely trade Carr now, depending on the offer.
    the redskins desperate for QB,Miami knows tua is not the man,texans need qb unless they think davis mills is their future,minny needs qb if they move away from kirk,seattle may be in the market depending on russ whom has said he will look around again,denver ???, pitt needs a replacement for big ben unless they wanna go mason rudolph whom sucks, detroit ??? cleveland whom need to reup baker ???

Carr has stated before that he has all the money his family needs, and that he doesnt want to go anywhere else. Just wants to be a Raider. He grew up a Raider fan. His dad is a huge Raider fan, and at this point in his career, it is much more about getting himself and the Raiders a Superbowl than getting as much money as possible from the team he is on. Anyone who feels Derek Carr wouldnt give a home team discount to the Raiders, doesnt know Carr

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Carr has stated before that he has all the money his family needs, and that he doesnt want to go anywhere else. Just wants to be a Raider. He grew up a Raider fan. His dad is a huge Raider fan, and at this point in his career, it is much more about getting himself and the Raiders a Superbowl than getting as much money as possible from the team he is on. Anyone who feels Derek Carr wouldnt give a home team discount to the Raiders, doesnt know Carr
    if he takes 20 million a yr, ok, keep him but I highly doubt he is that stupid when the market is saying 35-38 a yr