Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mayock fired

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    As much as we bitch about the team under Mike's time here. We won more games each year he was here. I look at other teams drafts and they all have busts and such.
    The firing may have more to do with what the next head coach wants instead of the job Mayock did.
    The next few weeks, or days, should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    The firing may have more to do with what the next head coach wants instead of the job Mayock did.
    The next few weeks, or days, should be interesting.
    True. It's funny how many of the talking heads have been saying that the Raiders have some nice young talent. And we know who selected them.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_ghost View Post
    It appears it is Harbaugh plus the Raiders have asked permission to speak to Ed Dodds Asst. GM of the Colts. He has Raiders ties. BTW, do we know if Dodd & Harbaugh worked for the Raiders at the same time?
    Yes they did.

On one hand you got these....then on the other hand you got these.....it's like the horrific picks outweigh the great picks. I mean for Ferrell we got Crosby....for Arnette we were able to find Hobbs, for Ruggs we were able to develop Renfrow. Honestly if he would have just went for value at those 1-2 round picks....we don't eeek into the playoffs, we kick the door down. I mean, you trade down with the Ferrell pick, you go after Jeudy or Lamb at the 12th pick, instead of Ruggs who was rated late 1st. We had value with those 1st rounders and he could have traded down, pick up future assets. He loved picking kids from winning programs, Ferrell, Ruggs, Jacobs, Renfrow, Muse....but winning programs is one things, football players is another.

If Dodds is being picked up....only to appease Harbaugh....are we repeating Mayock - Gruden?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    On one hand you got these....then on the other hand you got these.....it's like the horrific picks outweigh the great picks. I mean for Ferrell we got Crosby....for Arnette we were able to find Hobbs, for Ruggs we were able to develop Renfrow. Honestly if he would have just went for value at those 1-2 round picks....we don't eeek into the playoffs, we kick the door down. I mean, you trade down with the Ferrell pick, you go after Jeudy or Lamb at the 12th pick, instead of Ruggs who was rated late 1st. We had value with those 1st rounders and he could have traded down, pick up future assets. He loved picking kids from winning programs, Ferrell, Ruggs, Jacobs, Renfrow, Muse....but winning programs is one things, football players is another.

If Dodds is being picked up....only to appease Harbaugh....are we repeating Mayock - Gruden?
    No Dodds is being looked up because he is the hottest GM commodity who is being courted by many teams e.g. Chicago & some others.