Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Odds on Next Raiders HC

Odds on Next Raiders HC

SportsBetting is giving betting odds on who will be the Raiders HC. I guess it's the Vegas thing to do.

https://sportsnaut.com/jim-harbaugh-...r-raiders-job/

Raiders Head Coach Odds as of January 17

Jim Harbaugh: 2-1
    Rich Bisaccia: 5-2
    Doug Pederson: 5-1
    Mike Tomlin: 7-1
    Dabo Swinney: 8-1
    Byron Leftwich: 10-1
    David Shaw: 10-1
    Eric Bieniemy: 10-1
    Sean Payton: 10-1
    Todd Bowles: 10-1
    Brian Daboll: 14-1
    Joe Brady: 16-1
    Nathaniel Hackett: 20-1
    Lane Kiffin: 100-1

Would Sean Payton bring Dennis Allen with him? LOL

Payton would be a great hire, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRaider View Post
    Would Sean Payton bring Dennis Allen with him? LOL

Payton would be a great hire, though.
    I would think Payton will try to bring his whole staff here. Problem would be Payton is contracted through 2026...which if he does force his way, NO may ask to keep a few of his assistants as a negotiation tactic to allow Payton to leave.

I actually think Mark Davis is going for a "rock star" coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    I actually think Mark Davis is going for a "rock star" coach.
    Name 3 coaches that you categorize as "Rock Star" material. For me it would be ( in no particular order):
    Harbaugh
    Tomlin
    Payton

Tomlin? Payton? These guys aren’t going to leave their current jobs. No way. I’m not in love with the Harbaugh idea either. Did Flores take a job somewhere already?

Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    Tomlin? Payton? These guys aren’t going to leave their current jobs. No way. I’m not in love with the Harbaugh idea either. Did Flores take a job somewhere already?
    Nothing official yet.....He's at the top of the Houston list and rumors of teaming up with Deshaun is fueling it. Houston also has NE LB coach Jerod Mayo on their radar.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Name 3 coaches that you categorize as "Rock Star" material. For me it would be ( in no particular order):
    Harbaugh
    Tomlin
    Payton
    Pretty much. Maybe Swinney, but there is risk there.

brian daboll,josh mcdaniel

If you look at what Davis did with his WNBA team, he moved on from a good coach to hire a great coach and a star at that. He didn't want this team to be good anymore. He wants championships and was willing to pay the money to make this happen.

I see him doing this same thing with the Raiders. I also think he will hire a new GM and President, if he truly wants to build an elite organization, which I believe he does. He thought he would do this with Gruden and Mayock. Wasted draft capital later, we made it to the playoffs with an interim coach after a lot of injuries. What does this tell you about Gruden?

Yes, I think he's going to hire a star that will elevate this team. Gruden didn't do it his second time around.