Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suddenly, Mark Davis has a problem

Suddenly, Mark Davis has a problem

The players on his team want interim coach Rich Bisaccia to get the permanent job. Multiple players, including quarterback Derek Carr, have spoken out in favor of Bisaccia.

How can Davis hire someone else? How would anyone else want that job, under these circumstances?

Itís already hard enough to show up and take over a new team. On top of everything else, the next Raiders coach (if itís not Bisaccia) will have to worry about converting (or perhaps getting rid of) those who wanted Bisaccia. While the situation would be temporary, it could set the tone for the new coachís tenure. And it could prompt a coach with options to shy away from taking the job.

As of Saturday, there was a sense that, if the Raiders win or keep it close, Bisaccia would have a chance. They kept it close. And, in true Raiders fashion, a bad call conspired to keep them from winning. Why not give Bisaccia a full year as the head coach to show what he can do?

Meanwhile, as Davis decides what to do, maybe some of these other teams looking for coaches should do their due diligence regarding Bisaccia. Maybe his right-place, right-time performance could help someone else conclude heís the right guy.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...has-a-problem/

Mark's going to keep Rich. He's a loyal soft hearted guy. He saw the magic in that last game vs Chargers and probably views a playoff spot as a move forward. Add the players support makes it happen easily.

Do you honestly think that the players are going to say they do not want him to stay? No problem here what so ever. Mark is looking for a good head coach for this team and Rich aint it.

Do it ! The Raiders are real close to being a great team!

Derek Carr was a Mark Davis pick
    I think..only downside is we really
    don’t have a QB to take his spot at
    this moment and Carr does carry a
    lot of weight with his opinion on who
    should be head coach

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Derek Carr was a Mark Davis pick
    I think..only downside is we really
    donít have a QB to take his spot at
    this moment and Carr does carry a
    lot of weight with his opinion on who
    should be head coach
    That is a scary statement you just wrote, I sure hope you're wrong. We already know what we have with Carr, 8 years is enough time to see that. I don't mind rolling the dice with a new QB. We're not winning the SB with Carr and that is the goal I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    That is a scary statement you just wrote, I sure hope you're wrong. We already know what we have with Carr, 8 years is enough time to see that. I don't mind rolling the dice with a new QB. We're not winning the SB with Carr and that is the goal I believe.
    I agree plus in a tight qb market with a weak draft class derek carrs price is sky high currently we probably can get 2 1st rd picks and a 3rd for him right now

Quote Originally Posted by JD707 View Post
    Do you honestly think that the players are going to say they do not want him to stay? No problem here what so ever. Mark is looking for a good head coach for this team and Rich aint it.

If the players don't want him, they say nothing.

Rich needs to be retained as ST and assistant HC. Good locket room guy and very positive attitude. We then need a hard nosed HC who believes in strict discipline and 100% effort. I don't know of a head coach that is going to come in and keep a DC and OL coach, then fire OC. I think Rich could be last man standing of our staff if we go new HC. Possibly Cable is retained as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    Well I think when Carr was drafted he was
    instruction by Mark Davis to Mackenzie to
    draft Carr as he was still available in the 2nd
    round….just saying Carr carry a lot of weight
    with his opinion on what best for the team…
    I am not a fan of Carr; but after Gannon we
    went on with a lot of search for a QB to start
    for raiders and not many were very good