Thread: Harbaugh to NFL

Harbaugh to NFL

Here's an article (January 16, 2022) from Sports Illustrated quoting a PFT report.

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories...-harbaugh-news

“As a source with knowledge of the situation explains it to PFT, Harbaugh is watching and waiting to see whether a team
    with a reasonable ownership and General Manager situation is interested in giving him an opportunity to continue an NFL
    career that resulted, from 2011 through 2014, in a record of 44-19-1 and a Super Bowl berth. At age 58, Harbaugh wants
    to get back to the Super Bowl and win it,” he reports.
    The Michigan Wolverines head football coach has been linked to the NFL for a couple of weeks now. Harbaugh, who previously
    coached the San Francisco 49ers, could be hired by the Las Vegas Raiders or the Chicago Bears, among other teams with a
    head coaching vacancy.

I think its all up to Mark Davis. If he wants Harbaugh, he will get him.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Will see what happens, the offseason should be interesting.

Raiders are probably going to be the most desirable team with a HC vacancy. Good talent pool, winning record and play off appearance (almost a win, would have won with a decent coach in charge). Owner ready to throw the bank at you and give you control. Doesn't get much better. If Harbaugh returns to the NFL I have a good feeling it will be with the raiders. This would absolutely and immediately put the Raiders into super bowl contention talk for next season. Unless he did what Gruden did and give away all of our best players for a shitload of picks (that usually amount to nothing).

Quote Originally Posted by JD707 View Post
    Raiders are probably going to be the most desirable team with a HC vacancy. Good talent pool, winning record and play off appearance (almost a win, would have won with a decent coach in charge). Owner ready to throw the bank at you and give you control. Doesn't get much better. If Harbaugh returns to the NFL I have a good feeling it will be with the raiders. This would absolutely and immediately put the Raiders into super bowl contention talk for next season. Unless he did what Gruden did and give away all of our best players for a shitload of picks (that usually amount to nothing).
    Correct! But sadly the last sentence literally made me laugh out loud. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Here's an article (January 16, 2022) from Sports Illustrated quoting a PFT report.

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories...-harbaugh-news

As a source with knowledge of the situation explains it to PFT, Harbaugh is watching and waiting to see whether a team
    with a reasonable ownership and General Manager situation is interested in giving him an opportunity to continue an NFL
    career that resulted, from 2011 through 2014, in a record of 44-19-1 and a Super Bowl berth. At age 58, Harbaugh wants
    to get back to the Super Bowl and win it,” he reports.
    The Michigan Wolverines head football coach has been linked to the NFL for a couple of weeks now. Harbaugh, who previously
    coached the San Francisco 49ers, could be hired by the Las Vegas Raiders or the Chicago Bears, among other teams with a
    head coaching vacancy.

I think its all up to Mark Davis. If he wants Harbaugh, he will get him.
    I hope he goes and gets him. I was 50/50 on Bisaccia until after the game he supported the officials. And he never gets after them on the sideline. Refs sense weakness.

Latest rumor is Harbaugh to the NY Giants.

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories...d-by-1-nfl-job

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Latest rumor is Harbaugh to the NY Giants.

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories...d-by-1-nfl-job
    I would rather fight the NFC East than the AFC West too.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    I would rather fight the NFC East than the AFC West too.
    Yeah but what do the Giants have? Saquon Barkley and??? Nothing else. Would be a terrible terrible decision by Harbaugh. Hes not winning a SB with Giants for at least 3-4 years. With the Raiders, 1-2 possibly