Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should they Stay, or should they Go - Staff

Should they Stay, or should they Go - Staff

Rich Bisaccia - Great motivator, maybe. Players seem to like him, but is he head coach material?
    I don't think he's an X's and O's guy. Over his head as a HC. I'd keep him as Assistant HC and Special Teams coach. Give him a salary increase.

Gus Bradley - Made improvements to the defense. Might be the best DC we had in a while, but is he the best we can get?
    Let the new HC determine if he wants to keep Bradley, or bring in his own guy.

Greg Olson - If there is only one change in the staff, it has to be adding a new OC. Too much questionable play calling.
    I don't think he gets the best out of the players we have.

Well if a new HC is hired; then he or she going
    to want to bring in their own people…..

In my opinion; I would keep the same staff
    for another year and see how that works out…

But I got a feeling that Mark already made up
    his mine on a new coach

Coach B - retained as special teams coach and assistant head coach -- if the new coach wants him.

Coach Bradley -- Definitely retained. Add a couple of corners, see growth in Koonce and we could have a top 5 defense. The last four weeks of the season, our D played like a top 5 D.

Greg Olson - Gone. The last four games of the season, we won despite our offense, not because of it. We played like a middle of the road or below average offense when we needed it the most. The only exception was our rushing game, which was top 10 the last four weeks.

Coach Cable - Retained. He got a lot out of little, even after losing both of our starting guards by the end of game one.

If a new HC is coming in, then ALL of these guys are likely gone. I’m betting Mayock is gone. The next HC needs to be the right hire. I’m really hoping for Flores, but I have no idea what MD is thinking. I also believe the next HC will be the decision maker on Carr.

I believe you gotta start with Mayock first. Were the first rounders his or Grudens? We all know Gruden the coach/ play caller, and Gruden the Drafter are two totally different people. The latter, sucking! Then after that, determine your coach. I'm liking the thought of Flores as HC.

mike mayock fired
    rich basaccia retain as asst hc with a raise
    gus bradley fired for vic fangio =upgrade
    greg olson fired
    cable stays
    special teams coach stays

derek carr value is sky high now that he is playoff experienced =trade him for a kings ransom

If you look at the first rounders in particular, they have been terrible.

Cle Ferrell would have been a good second round pick, but at the 4th pick in the draft, he should be a difference maker. He's not. In terms of our "investment" of draft capital, he's been a bust.

Damon Arnette? Huge reach and character issues. He's gone.

Henry Ruggs? Talented, but character issues. Out of the NFL.

Alex Leatherwood? Probably decent value in the second round, but as a first he's been bust so far. He should be starting and in the top half of offensive guards in the league. Instead he's starting and among the bottom third of guards in the NFL and that's being nice.

Jonathan Abram? Solid in the box safety, liability in coverage. Bust so far.

Josh Jacobs? Good runner when he's healthy. Problem is he isn't healthy enough. Running backs can be had in the second, third and even fourth rounds, and their careers aren't typically that long anyway. As a first rounder, he has provided average but not good or great value.

Soooooooo, we have drafted better in later rounds than in the first round. Why? Are first rounders Gruden's picks and Mayock's are in the later rounds.

Maxx Crosby? Great pick.

Hunter Renfrow? Great pick. One of all-time Raiders single season reception leaders, right below Tim Brown. He's an ankle breaker. Plays with great heart.

Nate Hobbs? Good pick. His DUI is concerning, but at least he knew enough to pull off the road.

John Simpson? Good pick.

Bryan Edwards? Providing some value.

Lynn Bowden? Character issues. Traded.

If you fire Mayock who do you bring in. My pick is Louis Riddick.
    Coach would be Harbaugh or Brian Dabole
    Defense I am ok with keeping Gus although I am not as high on him as some are. Fangio runs a 3-4 I believe, not a fit for our talent.
    Olsen has to go. Let head coach pick his poison.
    Not opposed to keeping Basaccia around as special teams/assistant head coach.
    Cable can stay or go depending on the coach.
    Carr’s value may be up but who can we realistically get.

Rich stays. A coach can improve technical skills, but they can't make players love, respect and fight their guts out.
    Mike stays, we don't know how much Gruden influenced the high picks. Some of our lower picks have turned out well. Hell even some of the higher pics are turning out not to bad. (Jacobs).
    New OC, this could fix what people think is Rich's problem. Need someone dynamic to fix the red zone.
    Gus must stay. Our D was much better.

As for drafting, it seems most teams have drafted numerous duds. Its a crap shoot most of the time.
    Last edited by rabidraider; 01-16-2022 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Rich stays. A coach can improve technical skills, but they can't make players love, respect and fight their guts out.
    Mike stays, we don't know how much Gruden influenced the high picks. Some of our lower picks have turned out well. Hell even some of the higher pics are turning out not to bad. (Jacobs).
    New OC, this could fix what people think is Rich's problem. Need someone dynamic to fix the red zone.
    Gus must stay. Our D was much better.

As for drafting, it seems most teams have drafted numerous duds. Its a crap shoot most of the time.
    the ONLY way he stays is if they cant get anyone else. I have no idea how anyone can look at the product on the field after Rich took over and come away with the opinion he should stay and remain Head Coach. He has been completely overwhelmed, he even admitted to this. I personally doubt he has much drive to remain head Coach. There will be anew Head Coach and it is going to happen much sooner than later. That Head Coach will likely completely clean house on coaching staff and he should.