Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's time to move on from Derek Carr

I agree with moving on from Carr, but I'm afraid raiders brain trust is all in on Carr being the guy. He's gonna be here with the new HC for at least another year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Who would be the QB if Carr is traded or retires? A rookie means 2-3 years to see another run if your lucky. If we could get Rodgers then do it, otherwise better the devil you know and draft the future QB now.
    rodgers,wilson,watson, draft,look at herbert yr 1 with eh chargers pretty damn good, upgrade over rivers yr 1 and yr2 top 7 qbs and better then carr already

Quote Originally Posted by orlandoraider View Post
    I agree with moving on from Carr, but I'm afraid raiders brain trust is all in on Carr being the guy. He's gonna be here with the new HC for at least another year or two.
    I'm liking brian daboll as head coach, what a job he has done with josh allen whom I was calling for that yr as the best QB of all

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    rodgers,wilson,watson, draft,look at herbert yr 1 with eh chargers pretty damn good, upgrade over rivers yr 1 and yr2 top 7 qbs and better then carr already
    Herbert is great, and already 2 seasons and no playoff. Watson is a suspension nightmare and a huge cost. Wilson doesn't excite me. Rodgers is the guy or draft a future QB and develop under Carr.

Herbert is great, and already 2 seasons and no playoff. Watson is a suspension nightmare and a huge cost. Wilson doesn't excite me. Rodgers is the guy or draft a future QB and develop under Carr.
    Herbert had single-handedly taken his team to the playoffs. His coach had a brain fart moments in the game because of which they didn't make it. After all, who dials a 4th down when the ball in on your own 25-yard mark. If the Chargers had punted they would have saved the 3 pts that the Raiders scored. That alone would have been sufficient for a Chargers victory.

Agree with you 100%. I am less than excited about this year's draft class. Other option is to trade off Carr and pray Mariotta will play for cheap. Hope next years draft class is good or a vet comes available. A A Ron is the only one I would want and that would cost us 3 1st, putting us in the hole again. Have to play this just right if we want to continue momentum of this playoff season.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_ghost View Post
    Herbert had single-handedly taken his team to the playoffs. His coach had a brain fart moments in the game because of which they didn't make it. After all, who dials a 4th down when the ball in on your own 25-yard mark. If the Chargers had punted they would have saved the 3 pts that the Raiders scored. That alone would have been sufficient for a Chargers victory.
    He hasn't had a playoff snap. He could of got a TD in overtime but didn't. You can argue what ifs. I don't see a franchise QB out there this year. Maybe a couple could develop like Pickett or Strong, but they are not going to the playoffs in year one. I can move on Carr, no problem, but don't expect a playoff game for at least 2 or3 seasons.

Id be all for it. Hes slightly above average at best and turns the ball over way to much for what good he does do. It doesnt have to be immediate but he should be viewed as a stop gap moving forward.

derek carr 4-17 on redzone throws 1 td 2 turnovers including a costly fumble which costed us 3 pts, this guy will never get us over the hump for the super bowl,lacks pocket awareness,refuses to run for yds or tds,panics and check down way too often and has an internal clock that hits panic right away, looks down his wrs and once his eyes are off of a wr its over he never looks again despite them being wide open a second later

He hasn't had a playoff snap. He could of got a TD in overtime but didn't. You can argue what ifs. I don't see a franchise QB out there this year. Maybe a couple could develop like Pickett or Strong, but they are not going to the playoffs in year one. I can move on Carr, no problem, but don't expect a playoff game for at least 2 or3 seasons.
    id take herbert way over derek carr at least he runs/extends plays, at least herbert is a threat to run in a td. and is not afraid throws it deep with accuracy and makes incredible throws for chunks or tds, justin herbert is a cool cat he never panics unlike Mr derek carr